Author Topic: JNK 855V RD250E  (Read 214 times)

Offline IomMan

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
  • Ex Racer too big for 250 Two strokes
JNK 855V RD250E
« on: April 06, 2021, 05:46:13 PM »
Hi All,

I am looking for my old RD250E, DVLA says it was around up to a couple of years ago and was still in white

I'd like it to know I am truly sorry for all the pain I put it through as I was a stupid 18 year old.

I'd also like to let the new owner know some of it's early history.......but then again he probably does'nt want to know, it's not a pretty story
Current Bikes
ZX6RR
TZR250 2MA
Honda NSR250 SP

Online 5port

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: JNK 855V RD250E
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 08:01:25 AM »
Good pic!  What dealer is the sticker on the  sidepanel from?

5port
5port

Offline IomMan

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
  • Ex Racer too big for 250 Two strokes
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »
It was originally supplied by Bryants of Biggleswade, they were quite a big bike shop at the time but as I remember suffered in the 80's and alas I think they are no more.
They were a family run business but couldn't compete with the really big names at the time. Another other big shop around then was Cobourn & Hughes of Luton but I think they suffered the same fate eventually as did many of the proper bike shops where you could go and dream........maybe thats why they didn't last

Incedentally, I cannot take credit for the photo, a mate of mine took it with his Dad's SLR camera after we had spent a day cleaning our bikes.....He had an XS250 but don't let that get to you, his parents wouldn't let have a two stroke. He was a good egg really.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:05:22 PM by IomMan »
Current Bikes
ZX6RR
TZR250 2MA
Honda NSR250 SP

Offline LESZXR

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »
Hi IomMan

The bike is still alive & sitting in my garage. I got it out of the shed from under the covers yesterday where it has been for the last 3-4 years. The last time I rode it strangely enough was in the IOM when I was over for the Manx in 2016 or 2017, It got ridden quite hard then as I was 2 up coming back from the Terrace chippy to Kirk Michael campsite trying to keep the chips warm & got in to a race with a couple of Ducati Monsters who didn't know the Glen Helen section as well as me & I rode round them with the wife waving at them, they past me down the Cronk & I chased them in the next section until the wife told me to back off as the slower of the 2 lads was starting to panic & I didn't want to be the cause of him crashing. So I am pleased to say the bike is still getting abuse. It now has mag wheels fitted & I think different expansion chambers to the ones in your picture.

If you send me your email or mobile I will send some photos over sometime.