Tech Zone > Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above

250F Front Brake

(1/2) > >>

Cooky1961:
Hello
Just refurbished the front master cylinder fitted a new piston and seals, both holes from the reservoir into the cylinder are clear. I tried to prime the cylinder by placing my finger over the end and pumping the lever but no fluid is getting through I have also tried my brake bleeding vacuum gun but nothing.
Any advice would be appreciated
Paul

chrisg.007:
I always use a syringe to pump fluid in from the bleed nipple. Put some PTFE tape on the threads to stop leaks damaging the paint. Works every time for me.

Cocoablini:
So you suck the fluid through caliper nipple as opposed to pushing it(presumably safer too as it won't go blasting out the caliper side). Just keep the fluid topped up in the reservoir and keep sucking and closing nipple so all bubbles. I have also tied the brake closed to bleed air out the reservoir side overnight.

Whitey:

--- Quote from: chrisg.007 on August 17, 2022, 10:32:34 PM ---I always use a syringe to pump fluid in from the bleed nipple. Put some PTFE tape on the threads to stop leaks damaging the paint. Works every time for me.

--- End quote ---
Me too, I’ve had great results since I started using this method, I find it far better than using the master to pump the fluid thru. Both filling an empty system and changing fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute Greaser:
There is  a banjo you can get with a nipple fitted to help with this if all else fails fitted at master cylinder but not pretty. Usually used at caliper as replacement for knackered bottom bleed nipple
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165269323284?hash=item267ad1be14:g:UFgAAOSw1DtXLa75&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4NWETaYeRoHBFb8OBF%2F0pbKprd0p7as%2BzoFGBcWD6FmogZWMeevKQJL1pzWfzDLdaHEVd%2BMQC12FStY8tnf4vfGT5UezNw0rjBmnIMHKDUblcD1LIy%2FGaEodoJ7%2Fi4p68S6yDVSkfkrR9KWr28ghlaWoKXOz2U4vEBj2rLVQk7wldDucxZTETKCOtMtu3JbmHDZfSlRAzCTxYJXZLQ7k6x6sTSC2MdWFkh4AFW79zObl%2FIfRVFJBI7%2FYH6%2FVFrYipZhbDDoLeEFW7URH3BDsfsjgVO3%2FYV0lLevcHN6laQ9G%7Ctkp%3ABFBMuIb239Vg
Make sure its correct thread for you. Not sure if mc is 1 or 1.25mm pitch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version