Author Topic: How to apply for a new v5  (Read 16860 times)

Offline teedee

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
Re: How to apply for a new v5
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2022, 09:58:02 AM »
I've tried hpi on the chassis but the systems i have access to will only accept a modern 17 digit vin number, To obtain a dating certificate i thought you needed a complete bike and i only have a rolling chassis?

Offline mervin

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • When the going gets weird the weird turn pro
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2022, 10:35:10 AM »
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
 Alexei Sayle

Offline teedee

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2023, 10:13:56 AM »
Hi
Can anyone advise on my original enquiry as i have had no reply to my DM message and need to decide whether to continue with this frame or just cut it up for scrap and use the parts elsewhere

Thanks

Offline betty foRD

• Peter
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2023, 11:43:09 PM »
Hi,

As a previous post i have also purchased a RD250 rolling frame with no documents, how can i find out the registration and if it can be put back on the road?

Thanks

Contact these guys … if they find a Reg associated to the frame number it will cost you a fiver. If a nil results there is no charge.
Once you have a Reg… getting a v5 is a little more straightforward

info@vin2reg.co.uk
Rev 'em till they rattle

Offline teedee

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2023, 01:02:51 PM »
Thanks Peter

All sorted in a couple of mins, thanks to you i now have the reg  :D

Offline BAZZER4

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2023, 09:30:40 PM »
Hi is it possible to obtain an age related number for a German imported frame? I have nova papers for it but understand it has to be a complete bike to register it . It is a 250 with rear  disc set up so was thinking of building it as a 400 . I have a 400 spare motor but not a 250 let alone a motor matching the number on papers.

Offline betty foRD

• Peter
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2023, 11:37:38 PM »
Hi is it possible to obtain an age related number for a German imported frame? I have nova papers for it but understand it has to be a complete bike to register it . It is a 250 with rear  disc set up so was thinking of building it as a 400 . I have a 400 spare motor but not a 250 let alone a motor matching the number on papers.

Age related is possible once you have a dating certificate irrespective of where it’s has arrived from…
As for advice regarding your particular situation… I strongly recommend you contact Paul Dawkins by PM … many things are possible with the appropriate creative approach….
Rev 'em till they rattle