Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I found some old pics from a guy who had an "Assembly Manual".  I would love to get a copy. See images. (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

I've just seen the post. It was me who 'made' those pics. I'm sure I have kept them on file and also still have the assembly manual. Will get back to you when time allows
Hot Topics / Re: buying from Yahoo Japan/Buyee/From Japan (11th? parcel)
« Last post by Foy(notFox) on February 06, 2023, 11:46:32 PM »
Gr8 post  ;).  Thanks Gr8uncleal

Also never seen that model-codes list before. Very useful. Only issue I have with it is for models up to 279 they only have entries for Japan but we can see models in there that were definitely sold all over the world.

Anyway we see 217 is the AS1B - which I've never heard of  :D

I'm agreeing with you about the exhausts. I have my 396 originals and will be able to put them side-by-side to compare differences. I don't have any DX ones but if I ever list them I could 'mark up' the pics to show measurements of where each part begins and ends (like indents for spindle etc). I actually don't think they will be that different.

I remember reading some time ago the the actual headers for the RD200 were totally unobtainable in any condition. The headers on these pipes are in fantastic condition but it seems that RD125 ones are quite common. I'll need to look back on this thread to see what state mine are in.

You obviously know your stuff regarding the warning light on the JDM speedos  :o

I can't imagine there would be a lot of differences in the looms but I'd need another AS1 loom to do (continuity) checks against this one. There is a 183 loom on Ebay (in USA) but it's pretty badly butchered so even if the pics were clearer it would be hard to compare connectors with what I have.

The switchgear is a black one. There are gray (AS3) ones on the site also but this one was a better price iirc so I went for that, despite also having an AS3. The number is YHA206

Anyway. I've now added most of the pics to my earlier post. There are still a few of the AS1 pieces to post but I will do that when I photograph the cleaned loom 

Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: RD250c and RD400 engine outer cases
« Last post by kramdua on February 06, 2023, 09:09:25 PM »
my 1976 rd350 has a rd400 left case and ignition cover. you need the rd400 generator bolts which are longer.
Torque Introduction / Re: New owner in Chicago
« Last post by redlining on February 06, 2023, 08:16:26 PM »
Redlining, there is an email address you can send the request to. Once I did that, Mark, I think, setup the account super-fast.
can you PM me that please?
The Piston Broke / Re: Ebay global shipping program
« Last post by tore on February 06, 2023, 11:17:19 AM »
Hey there! I haven't heard about the eBay Global Shipping Program, but it sounds like it could be a useful option to have!

If buying from the US, it's certainly far, far cheaper than USPS.
Or any other shipping option (fedex seriously ripped me off with a stunning fee)
« Last post by Gr8uncleal on February 06, 2023, 10:51:41 AM »
Hey there! I haven't heard about the eBay Global Shipping Program, but it sounds like it could be a useful option to have!

If buying from the US, it's certainly far, far cheaper than USPS.
« Last post by ouafaex on February 06, 2023, 10:10:47 AM »
« Last post by Gr8uncleal on February 06, 2023, 09:38:40 AM »
Morning Graham.

Both those model codes are for the JDM bikes, as you might expect. If you can, maybe try and fit the exhausts to your own bike and see how they line up. Worse case scenario is you end up selling them as a cheap option for our DX model.

Wiring loom may well have a couple of minor differences to our bikes, particularly if the JDM bike had the red 55mph speed warning light. Would only be a pain if there were differences in the soldered connections deep within the loom.

Anorak questions now! Did the switchgear have black or silver/grey sheathing over the wires and what was the number cast on the underside - YHA205, YHA206?
« Last post by Foy(notFox) on February 06, 2023, 12:36:55 AM »
What's it they say about a fool and his money.....?

Well yeah. I'm starting to think I've made one too many bad buys on this site now  :(

I think my initial thinking was 'could I get all items shipped - such as awkward ones like exhausts' so I jumped at the chance of some early RD125 exhausts/silencers and tried to maximise my 'bang for buck' on the expected heavy shipping costs by squeezing in a couple of light items.

So I have been eagerly awaiting this parcel and again it came roughly as expected in 10-12 weeks and was again very well packed. I'd bought

• an AS1 loom c/w various electrics for £11.58  ;)
  • The RD125 exhausts for £8.43  :o
  • An RD125 handlebar switch for £18.45

Now the only part I really need or want is the RD125 switch. These seem to be listed for mental prices (NOS) on Ebay and with me having a fetish for all the handlebar options on my machines it makes sense to have duplicate switches etc so you could just unbolt one set-up and put the other one on 'plug & play' style without having to remove the fittings from each one. The £18 seemed reasonable so am happy with that.

The AS1 loom would obviously be light in weight and (hopefully) rare and I could list it on Ebay and re-coup some of my shipping costs and the exhausts would also hopefully be really in demand and with a bit of a clean-up sell for a decent price or I could use them as say-to-day items on my RD125 if I got the originals re-chromed.

So that was the idea and I am pleased with the smaller items but the exhausts are a bit of a disappointment. The were listed as 404 which seems to be the closest the Japanese market got to the 396 model (1973) I have. However they are stamped 1H7 and the undersides look very rusty.

I know 1E7 is an RD125DX model number but the 1H7 will probably put potential buyers off buying them and they might not even fit a 396 of 1E7 bike. Who knows?  ::)

The loom also has an odd 217 model number on it. I'm familiar with 183 & 218 for the AS1 but never seen 217. The AS1 parts list shows a few 217 parts (eg high-pipe YAS1C exhausts) so I've no doubt it's correct but still looks a bit odd.

The loom is in great condition with no cuts and I also got the rectifier, flasher-relay, rear stop-switch and horn.

Anyway back to the important bit. The shipping was £99.61  :-X

So £138.07 all-in for a used handlebar switch (worst-case scenario)  :(

or £138.07 less £50 for the electrics and £60 for the exhausts (best-case scenario)  :)

1st time I've had a fragile sticker

also 'right way up'

on outside of box but there are also individual stickers on each package inside

sticker on exhaust packing has same data as box-sticker

shrink-wrapped RD125 LH switch seems to share 'consignment number' with box-sticker

same with AS1 electrics-bundle

exhaust packaging looked promising

exhausts look ok from above

but not so great underneath

unfamiliar 1H7 model-number on silencers

typical broken stud(s) at mounting-brackets

switch looks good

YHA206 just visible and wiring to 4-pin plug in great condition

other wires on 4-pin plug. will check if they match my UK version

6-pin plug also looks good

AS1 loom prior to cleaning/inspection

unfamiliar 217 model-number on loom-tag

Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: 1976 RD250C rear brake master cylinder
« Last post by mervin on February 05, 2023, 12:11:23 PM »
I thought the RD250C had a rear drum brake.
german spec had disc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10