Author Topic: Kickstart shim 400 C/D  (Read 215 times)

Offline RDMartin

• Newcomer
Kickstart shim 400 C/D
« on: January 28, 2021, 03:18:31 PM »
Hi all, I can see some information in past threads, but nothing that answers my question...

Building a 400 c motor up from a box of bits I find I am missing the shim, or shims (depending on what you read) that fit on the kickstart spindle between the shaft and clutch cover.  The early parts list shows 2 ( 90208-20022 Conical spring washer).  My dealers later parts list shows one.  I assume that these control the end float on the kickstart shaft.

Does anyone know the dimensions of these? (They are NLA from everywhere including CSMNL).  is anyone using alternative parts?  does anyone know where I might find 1 or 2?

Thanks Guys.

Offline AndyDean42

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: Kickstart shim 400 C/D
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 08:56:34 PM »
I ran into the same issue as my washer/s were missing, in the end I used some shim flat washers I bought on Ebay. I recently changed my clutch cover and this time I fitted an RD350 washer 90201-20266 which is still available from Yamaha (Fowlers £1.62). I did this as when I was rebuilding my 350 I noticed the difference and comparing parts lists the set up was almost identical. The RD400C set up which is either a wave or conical washer probably allows for a little more variation and less free play. The key is that the kick start will return OK once the clutch cover is tightened. I looked for large wave and conical washers but most were too thick. The RD3550 washer is only 1mm thick.

Andy
RD400C, RD350B (new project), GS750E