Author Topic: JNK 855V RD250E  (Read 383 times)

Offline IomMan

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
  • Ex Racer too big for 250 Two strokes
JNK 855V RD250E
« on: April 06, 2021, 05:46:13 PM »
Hi All,

I am looking for my old RD250E, DVLA says it was around up to a couple of years ago and was still in white

I'd like it to know I am truly sorry for all the pain I put it through as I was a stupid 18 year old.

I'd also like to let the new owner know some of it's early history.......but then again he probably does'nt want to know, it's not a pretty story
Current Bikes
ZX6RR
TZR250 2MA
Honda NSR250 SP

Offline 5port

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: JNK 855V RD250E
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 08:01:25 AM »
Good pic!  What dealer is the sticker on the  sidepanel from?

5port
5port

Offline IomMan

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »
It was originally supplied by Bryants of Biggleswade, they were quite a big bike shop at the time but as I remember suffered in the 80's and alas I think they are no more.
They were a family run business but couldn't compete with the really big names at the time. Another other big shop around then was Cobourn & Hughes of Luton but I think they suffered the same fate eventually as did many of the proper bike shops where you could go and dream........maybe thats why they didn't last

Incedentally, I cannot take credit for the photo, a mate of mine took it with his Dad's SLR camera after we had spent a day cleaning our bikes.....He had an XS250 but don't let that get to you, his parents wouldn't let have a two stroke. He was a good egg really.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:05:22 PM by IomMan »
Current Bikes
ZX6RR
TZR250 2MA
Honda NSR250 SP

Offline LESZXR

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »
Hi IomMan

The bike is still alive & sitting in my garage. I got it out of the shed from under the covers yesterday where it has been for the last 3-4 years. The last time I rode it strangely enough was in the IOM when I was over for the Manx in 2016 or 2017, It got ridden quite hard then as I was 2 up coming back from the Terrace chippy to Kirk Michael campsite trying to keep the chips warm & got in to a race with a couple of Ducati Monsters who didn't know the Glen Helen section as well as me & I rode round them with the wife waving at them, they past me down the Cronk & I chased them in the next section until the wife told me to back off as the slower of the 2 lads was starting to panic & I didn't want to be the cause of him crashing. So I am pleased to say the bike is still getting abuse. It now has mag wheels fitted & I think different expansion chambers to the ones in your picture.

If you send me your email or mobile I will send some photos over sometime.

Offline IomMan

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 08:25:48 PM »
That is wonderful news, I am so glad it is still giving pleasure and getting a good thrashing, that, is what they were built for.
I am pretty sure the expansions are different, one got well squashed when I was knocked off it and hit a telegraph pole, it did still work because I actually rode it up and down the road when my leg was still in plaster but think it was beyond repair really.
Did you ever fix the lock stop so that the forks did not hit the tank (again) ?
I will try and PM  you with an e mail address.
Current Bikes
ZX6RR
TZR250 2MA
Honda NSR250 SP