Moto GP and RD racing > RD Racing

converting rd 200 for classic air cooled racing class,fork options needed

(1/2) > >>

crashoften:
hi gents,
i have started to develop an rd 200 for track use,perhaps to start racing in the 250cc air cooled class with crmc,
not the usual choice i know but ive started now so ill finish it and see how i get on as never done any road racing only enduro and lots of road riding
engines off having lc 250 inlet rubbers,reeds and a race tune,i have delugged the frame and welded some extra strength onto the frame its now ready for sot blasting and painting,
brakes are all refurbished.
 i have a set of astralite wheels that i want to use.
my question im hoping for some help on is forks,
i can only fit forks upto 1981,and upto 34mm dia,
i after advice on what forks to fit,expect i will need to get spacers made up.
thanks in advance for any help,

kawazonkey:
LC ones? I know they fit an RD250. Are you allowed twin discs or do you have to stick to just the one?

crashoften:
Thanks, I will have to find some detailed spec sheets for them and check it out,
I think I  can run twin discs, new to it so will also check specs for racing.

andy_g:
Forks are easy, just depends on your budget. You need to check the rules for the Post Classic 250 Aircooled class. upto 38mm.

We all run RD250 35mm forks as I can fit K-Tech cartridges into them. Gav uses 38mm forks, again with K-tech cartridges I fit to them.

Hope that helps. I may have some sets of Original TZ350 internals somewhere.

You dont need twin disc, we all run Lockheed caliper on a 298mm TZ disc. EBC GPFAX018 pads and a 12mm Grimica master cylinder of a scooter.

andy_g:
35mm forks with cartridge conversion. Compression, rebound and pre-load adjustment all from the top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version