Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: RD250c rebuild.
« Last post by [Arrow] on Today at 11:03:56 PM »
Ok, no worries. Keep me informed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: 400c Timing
« Last post by pidjones on Today at 10:47:07 PM »
I personally like a battery powered light with a noise maker (beeper, buzzer, piezo) in parallel to note point opening. And yes, the correct setting of points on a 400c requires the tank to be removed and use of a dial caliper gauge to note TDC and set timing at 2.3mm +/- 0.15mm (0.09 +/- 0.006 inch) BTDC. Some have noted that it should be as far retarded as 1.8mm, but 2.3mm is the value listed in the USA manual. With 0.3 - 0.4 mm point gap (0.012 - 0.016 inch).
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: RD250c rebuild.
« Last post by Pom007 on Today at 10:35:07 PM »
No pump yet, hopefully next week, postage is hit & miss at the moment had some parts delivered with in 10 days some over a 1 month, NSW & Victoria still in lockdown, second jab next week & hopefully a little more freedom's for the public!!    Pom.
The Piston Broke / Re: Barnetts old 400 gets another trophy
« Last post by mervin on Today at 08:11:12 PM »
Thanks for that merv, nice to see the o'l girl again and that its still alive!
Had history that bike, had it for a long time before I sold it, from Portsmouth poly till....I forget now, must be at least 18 years ago. Bad decision at the time to sell it. Still have a very early, one of the first rd350's on the go at the moment but have had very little time to finish it off.
Yes nice to see Mark still has it , he has a couple of new nortons now and a triumph now but thinned out the strokers , he turned up on a rideout on a new trumpet with the new reg on the 1st day of issue recently , after chewing the fat a while we gave up on the ride because there where to many people on it for our likng  we went and had a coffee and looked at his collection 
The Piston Broke / Re: Throttle cable furrels
« Last post by Dale on Today at 07:48:03 PM »
Dale, Carrot Cycle (not pushbike) have everything you need right down to the tiny carb end nipple things. Tip if your using stainless cable inners you will need special flux.
Here is the link, you can navigate from there.
https://www.carrotcycles.co.uk/control-cable-parts-and-accessories/cable-ends-nipples-/metric.html
Perfect, many thanks 😊
The Piston Broke / Re: Ebay catches ?
« Last post by Gr8uncleal on Today at 07:42:38 PM »
I've never seen that one before. Their current one (for me anyway) is up to 100 items with a max £3 selling fee.

Nothing to lose by accepting it.
« Last post by Gr8uncleal on Today at 07:38:38 PM »
I've no idea if it makes any difference either way, but your US model is likely to have a Mitsubishi set up, whereas European bikes have Hitachi. Just be aware of this and maybe look up in a US model service manual.

If someone comes back and says it makes no odds, then fine.
« Last post by 5port on Today at 07:36:28 PM »
Oh yes, changing the points gap alters the timing and, you never know exactly what was set before.  So, make sure you gap the points before you reset the timing.  Also, always re-time after changing/setting the points.  ;)
Cheers

5port
« Last post by 5port on Today at 07:32:46 PM »
Hi Paul,
There is no timing mark for TDC.  The only timing marks are for the firing point, based on the makers marks and the accuracy of the keyway etc and, set with the adjustable fixed mark.  That is why you read all about the 2.3mm BTDC timing proceedure.  That is set with a dial gauge and a multimeter or judging the spark.
So, read the Yamaha service manual in the tech section.  ;) 
 Cheers

5port 
The Piston Broke / Ebay catches ?
« Last post by Captain Scarlet on Today at 07:20:34 PM »
I have been getting offers from ebay saying sell up to 3 items free.As the way selling is charged has changed on ebay is there a catches to watch for compared to the free offers they used to send before ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10