Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Piston Broke / Re: High Beech tea hut parking charge
« Last post by woodfoRD on Today at 12:10:12 PM »
it is a very sad state of affairs as anyone who lives locally will tell you (me included) and also everyone who likes to drive into the forest for a leisurely stroll as you now must pay parking in just about every parking spot within the forest.
North Weald for the Sunday breakfast meet is worth a trip and free to park (ATM at least), nice selection of cars, bikes, scooters
Torque Introduction / Re: New Member - Oregon, USA
« Last post by Captain Scarlet on Today at 11:42:29 AM »
Wow !
Garage envy  :)
« Last post by tore on Today at 10:23:34 AM »
Welcome to the Forum
What a lovely collection of bikes you have, that is certainly a lovely RM.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

+1
+1
Hello Paul,

Yes, it can be very popular there on Wednesday nights in the summer!
I’m in Alrewas - the next village to Fradley along the canal, so we often walk alongside the canal to the ‘mucky duck’. Occasionally go on the bike, but of course the engine doesn’t really get warm unless we go somewhere else first.

Regards,

Nigel
« Last post by Gr8uncleal on Today at 07:57:20 AM »
Welcome to the Forum

+1
Nigel, where do you live near Lichfield then??. I'm over in Bloxwich and usually go to The Dirty Duck on canalside at Fradley junction on a Wednesday night.
Paul ;D ;D
Aircooled rd club rally section / Re: Rd rally 2022
« Last post by Comms Guy on May 19, 2022, 10:32:25 PM »
Not sure where that bridge is, but when i arrive on the road with the rugby club ground on, the campsite entrance is on my left??
« Last post by Motty on May 19, 2022, 09:12:24 PM »
Welcome to the Forum

Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: jet or needle
« Last post by mts on May 19, 2022, 04:15:19 PM »
I've had a couple of GT250's and a few other Suzuki's. The GT250 up to M model (ram air 30hp) was a well sorted and a refined bike. I have to be honest, it made a better daily than a RD250 and felt bigger. The performance was close but the RD's just pipped them, little in it. Couldn,'t match the looks of the gorgeous RD250B though. Then the modified GT250A (no ram air 32hp) came out in 76 and had the edge on the RD250. Were more GT's around North East than RD's. Suzuki then released their X7 which destroyed RD's. Yam retaliated with LC to take the final accolades. That said I regularly witnessed a 250LC being beaten by a X7 trying to keep up to us on GT and GS750's but the rider was a 17 year old on a brand new Learner plated bike.

yes the X7 wa sa game changer and a lot quicker than the RD because it was so light  its downfall was that they tended to self destruct at very low mileage think thye even had the edge on the lc till the later marques.  but all that plastic wasnt for me and the aircooled RD will always be king of the 70s /early 80s  in my mind
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: 1970 R5 350 hesitation
« Last post by c50 on May 19, 2022, 02:50:53 PM »
You only mod the lid if you have  the restrictive version. The instruction did not include modifying the jetting it told you to make sure you have standard jetting because until Yamaha identified the cause of the problem people were messing with the jetting to try and cure it.

There was another change to lid too as the original had a single input the newer version had dual input. Or that could be vice versa, memory again  ! There were a number of bulletins around the airbox and plug fouling on R5’s DS7’s and RD’s

I suspect what is happening with yours is your getting a rush of fuel when your dropping the slide and needle from the sudden high vacuum created, maybe from a build up in the pilot or via leakage around the needle jet or a leaky choke plunger seal. Main Jet Washer is a troublesome little blighter. Your float and fuel level need checking (nobody checks the fuel level!) 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10