Author Topic: Membership Numbers  (Read 3337 times)

Offline saddler

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • Club Member
Membership Numbers
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:21:08 AM »
as you know our membership period runs from October to October.

The final membership figure for 2014 reached 545 the highest number of members the club has ever had, so well done and thank you to all of our members who make the club what is.  :-\ :-* :) :-* :-\
you're only young once but you can be immature for ever

Offline Paul Dawkins

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
Re: Membership Numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »
WOW
RD400C best in show RD rally 2019... From Southampton

Offline DirtyRD

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
  • If it's fixed, I can break it.
Membership Numbers
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 11:41:55 AM »
Double wow.
Slowly, slowly buildy bikey - my mantra for 2014.
It will fit in, oh bugger!

2x RD400D's (One a nice one and one a project), a RD400C project, Suzuki TS250C (Finished), YA-6 (project), FZ8 in shiny black,

Offline keith rdc

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
3 x wow  ;) :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Michael Hallums

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 11:16:30 AM »
Is there a way of finding out how many paid up members and users are currently active please?
Thank you

Offline GAZZATT2

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 12:23:10 PM »
904 paid up members
how active they are who knows ?
XSR900  350lc 400F 400f special 2nd 400F special
it did look good in a photo lance ?
Picture026" border="0

Offline robrd

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 07:16:16 PM »
I think that you may find that some people ( members ) use the site as an easy way to get information and free advertising, where else could you get all this info that you members give for the cost of membership, you'd pay more for a haynes manual and probably struggle to understand most of it, and if you want to sell something, adds are free to place on here, the value for money is superb. Put on top of that, the assistance you get from Paul Dawkins on dating certificates etc it's the best money i've spent in years. I read the new post's daily with interest and every day I learn something new, non members can read these as well free of charge and they get the information for free, they don't know how beneficial it is to become a member, the friendship from members is worth more than the subscription, put on top of that, all the other benefits, it's a non brainer. Thankyou to the team for running the club and thankyou to all you members for the help and support that you have given me in the past.

Offline Michael Hallums

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 10:05:39 AM »
Interesting. I was asking to compare alongside the XJR1300 OC as this site seems to be very active and helpful. Especially on the technical side. As soon as a post goes up for help, responses come in thick and fast. Unlike the XJR forum with same sort of member count.
Thanks to all the people who assist others. When I finally get my 400 up and running, I’ll try and become more active with meets and ride outs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Admin

• Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Webmaster and European Correspondent
    • Drone pilot and website Designer
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 10:01:29 AM »
Dont get confused by "Membership" numbers. We have over 900 "paid up Club Members" who basically pay for the Club to operate but there are over 5500 registered Forum Members. We really should then have 5500 " paid up Club Membefs" so get your hands in  your pockets Forum Members and help this Club out !!!!!
Just my 250 special left now !

Offline ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 12:57:05 AM »
Dont get confused by "Membership" numbers. We have over 900 "paid up Club Members" who basically pay for the Club to operate but there are over 5500 registered Forum Members. We really should then have 5500 " paid up Club Membefs" so get your hands in  your pockets Forum Members and help this Club out !!!!!
The AJS/Matchless club only allows a very short time to access  their forum before you either pay up as a club member or are booted off. They have the view that why should people who don't contribute to the club benefit from the knowledge of those that do. I had many run ins over this with the stalwart, archaic committee members who are living in the past stating this attitude was never going to encourage young blood into the old bikes and bike clubs but just ended up banging my head against a brick wall.  I am very knowledgeable on my bike(not that many around) and know it inside out having done every job possible on it and liked helping out others but ended up leaving the club because of this.  We of course are a lot more friendly and open to fellow RD owners and it is the quickest forum I know for replying to posts but YES.. A FEW MORE £15  FOR A UK MEMBERSHIP WOULD HELP OUT THE CLUB IMMENSELY, IT'S A NO BRAINER!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 01:00:53 AM by ozmadman »
"Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" Aristotle

Bikes..
 1974 Yamaha RD250B US import
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.

Offline betty foRD

• Peter
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 03:35:17 PM »
If the tech help sections were moved to be in the club members section we’d probably see a fair few pull £15 from there pockets!
1 in 5 seems quite a low ratio..

Of course the fly in the ointment is that the club, forum and (FB pages for that matter) are associated but not strategically aligned or managed.

Apart from goodwill and general enthusiasm, there is no motivation for the forum to be actively developing the club or the club to develop or influence the forum.

Knowing both as I do, and having had my fair share of corporate strategy projects across the years, my comments are just ‘obvious’ facts of life.

However ....as they say...if it ain’t broke don’t attempt to fix it!

I suspect however that even without active differentiation embedded in the forum architecture, club members get treated slightly differently to forum members by the members themselves based on a raft of metrics...

Rev 'em till they rattle

Offline Admin

• Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Webmaster and European Correspondent
    • Drone pilot and website Designer
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 07:19:30 PM »
"If the tech help sections were moved to be in the club members section we’d probably see a fair few pull £15 from there pockets! 1 in 5 seems quite a low ratio.."

That seems unfair to me Peter as we are then asking £15 for technical advice which we always try to give each other for free ? Its always difficult to balance what Members should get. Del' s input with WelllArd and the Xmas Calendars is worth the Membership fee alone in my opinion.

BTW, Membership numbers are at an all time high of around 920 +. When I took this over we struggled to get past 450.

"Of course the fly in the ointment is that the club, forum and (FB pages for that matter) are associated but not strategically aligned or managed."

How do we "strategically align or manage them" ?  Forums and Social media are two completely different concepts of communucation.
Just my 250 special left now !