Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Engine Oil Seals
« Last post by Tealman on Today at 09:44:45 PM »
I've seen a few negative comments re Yambits oil seals, but they're a year or two old now. Is it generally recommended that OEM parts only are fitted or have the Yambits seals improved (any positive comments?) Is it only the crank seals that were an issue?
Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below / Re: Clear plastic tubing
« Last post by Bluehaze on Today at 09:25:03 PM »

- I wasn't able to upload the pdfs (too big?).

This is a good site for managing PDF files:  https://www.ilovepdf.com/

It's very easy to compress large files, for example.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below / Re: Clear plastic tubing
« Last post by Gr8uncleal on Today at 08:56:51 PM »
Two of the three dimensions are in the parts book and I have attached this.

Working back from the part number, I reckon that the dimensions of the third one are shown in the CS5E parts book. This is also attached and you need to go to the page for the petrol tank.

My readings of the dimensions are that they are all 5mm internal diameter and the lengths are 160mm, 500mm and 120mm respectively.

Edit - I wasn't able to upload the pdfs (too big?).  :-\

If you'd like them, then message me on the forum with your email and I'll reply with them attached. It will be tomorrow, as I'm about to log off for the night.
Restorations Diary / Re: 1980 YAMAHA RD250F AKA The Barcell
« Last post by Motty on Today at 08:30:40 PM »
It sounds like you are building it to quite a peppy specification
I'm looking forward to seeing this build progress
Richard

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Torque Induction Decals
« Last post by Gr8uncleal on Today at 07:13:01 PM »
Diablo in Canada do the attached.

https://www.diablocycle.com/RD250-and-RD350-1973-Side-Cover-Decals.html

Others will post later on suppliers that they've used in the UK.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Torque Induction Decals
« Last post by twostrokelooney on Today at 06:31:06 PM »
Guy's,

Does anyone know where I can source a pair of Torque Induction side panel decals to the spec shown in the photo? Searches bring up decals with square cut ends, but I don't know which are correct for a UK market RD350 (1973).
Cheers.

Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below / Re: AS3 Rebore+Pistons
« Last post by Jim Ellis on Today at 12:08:25 PM »
Alistare. If you pm me at some point, I'll tell you how I got over the same problem a few years ago. I've tried to pm you but nothing seems to be getting through. Jim
Hi all,
Im after a brake reservoir and cap for an Australian rd400f/g that I am doing a restoration on. I can't find a specific part number but I have found some on ebay that look similar. Are there any yamaha reservoirs that are interchangable for the rd400? I have found that the cap part numbers match but am unsure if the reservoir will fit.
Thanks in advance
Brendan
I found some old pics from a guy who had an "Assembly Manual".  I would love to get a copy. See images. (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

I've just seen the post. It was me who 'made' those pics. I'm sure I have kept them on file and also still have the assembly manual. Will get back to you when time allows
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10