Author Topic: RD350B US import  (Read 141 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline martin1957

  • Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • Posts: 1336
  • Age: 65
  • Location: Gillingham, Kent
RD350B US import
« on: May 25, 2023, 12:08:08 PM »
A friend of mime has an RD350B US import that he wants to register in the UK.

The engine number has a 351 prefix but this is not on the documentation. I think I have got this right....

The DVLA are refusing to register it without additional paperwork or proof and he is struggling. He has approached them three times since January this year.

What route should he take to get this UK registered?

Retired Electronic Test Engineer (Avionics), Age 64, Owned P50, PC50, SS50z, YAS1, YDS7, RD350B till 1978, then in 2009 a  KH400 A4 - now sold. Have a fully restored YAS1, an AT3, and now a Suzuki T125 Stinger.  A show winner.

Offline Gr8uncleal

  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • Posts: 3529
Re: RD350B US import
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 12:49:54 PM »
By "documentation", do you mean the original US logbook, what the Americans refer to as "title"?

Maybe post up what DVLA are requesting but, if it was me, and the answer to the question above is yes, I would show the engine number on the V55 as what is on the US title.

Over the years, UK dealers were very inconsistent on what they put on the forms for first registration of vehicles.
Yam RD200DX
Yam FZX700 Fazer
Yam RD400C
Yam RD350B
Yam RD350
Yam RT2
Yam DT360A
Suzi GT550J
Suzi 1250 Bandit
Yam RD125A
Yam R5
Yam DT3
Yam CT1C
Yam RD200B

Offline betty foRD

  • Peter
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • Posts: 3210
  • Age: 60
  • Location: Faringdon (Oxon)
Re: RD350B US import
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 04:55:15 PM »
Or… forget the US papers, just get Paul to do a dating certificate and go from there…
Either way you also need a NOVA number..
Rev 'em till they rattle