Author Topic: Croft circuit 1/10/21  (Read 504 times)

Offline D Peacock

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Croft circuit 1/10/21
« on: October 02, 2021, 06:39:14 PM »
Did the Classic Bike Trackdays day at Croft yesterday, last outing of the season for me. Motivation to go riding a motorbike on a circuit was at an all time low first thing, wet and windy  >:( and an unfamiliar circuit. Luckily weather and confidence / enjoyment increased exponentially after the second session and ended up having a good day. Bike was as solid as ever.

https://youtu.be/u4poPsyVwoo
For speed add lightness!

GSXR1100 - Big boy’s bike
GSXR400RKSP - Track / Race bike
YR5 - 52bhp - Ported RD barrels, 28mm carbs, Mick Abbey pipes, Powerdynamo with Zeeltronic DC controller, premix, Euro CR 6 speed box.
GT200X5 - Bog standard.

Offline 5port

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Croft circuit 1/10/21
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 08:50:33 PM »
Good to see your bike ran well again Dan!  Good you got some dry riding as well.
Croft had no trees last time I rode there.  It does seem a bit strange, bit of a big wandering flat track?  I think the old "paddock" was about where the grid is now.  The chicane is in the same place.
Cheers

5port
5port

Offline D Peacock

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Croft circuit 1/10/21
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 06:08:58 PM »
Good to see your bike ran well again Dan!  Good you got some dry riding as well.
Croft had no trees last time I rode there.  It does seem a bit strange, bit of a big wandering flat track?  I think the old "paddock" was about where the grid is now.  The chicane is in the same place.
Cheers

5port

It's quite flat, still betrays it's roots as an old airfield I guess. I think they added a lot of spectator banking and trees at the same time they started to rework the circuit from the original triangular shape to it's current layout. I had the exhausts off today to check pistons and rings and the sticking issue seems to have gone away after the change of oil. I don't want to criticise any particular product but I do wonder if you were on to something with the discovery of Exol containing 15% Kerosene? I used Mobil 1 at Croft and now have Castrol Power 2T back on stock so we shall see...
For speed add lightness!

GSXR1100 - Big boy’s bike
GSXR400RKSP - Track / Race bike
YR5 - 52bhp - Ported RD barrels, 28mm carbs, Mick Abbey pipes, Powerdynamo with Zeeltronic DC controller, premix, Euro CR 6 speed box.
GT200X5 - Bog standard.