Author Topic: Expired Membership Period Changes  (Read 1125 times)

Online ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
Expired Membership Period Changes
« on: February 24, 2021, 10:20:42 AM »
Just a heads up and something for us all to have in mind if we allow our memberships to expire before renewal. We are charged a fee each year for the Membermojo database based on the total number of current and expired members saved on there. There are price bands  based on that number and this year we crept into the lower and subsequently cheaper price band by just 3 members! We used to keep expired members on there for one year so they could just renew.  A few years back we reduced this to 6 months for the same reason as the current membership number increased and we had loads of expired members just sitting there. Now we have had to reduce this down to one month to give us some breathing space and the keep the website running costs a low as possible. If the club continues to grow then eventually we will venture into the next higher price band but the increased membership fees (as opposed to dead accounts costing us money) would cover some of the extra costs involved. 

So just to clarify.. I any of us allow our memberships to expire for a period longer than one month then our details will drop off the database and we would have to re-join as a new member with a new membership start date.  What I can do is to re-instate the original membership number if it is known or I can look it up as all archived members can be retrieved. We do get two reminders of pending membership expiry so it would be good to not delay renewing for too long. You don't have to wait until the expiry date to renew, renewing early, once you get your email reminder will just give you that extra time on your membership.

Cheers Paul
"Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" Aristotle

Bikes..
 1974 Yamaha RD250B US import
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.

Offline Brass

• Forum member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: Expired Membership Period Changes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 08:33:55 AM »
Hi, Please could you activate my profile to be able to see the buy & sell sections seeing as the club took the auto renew payment ? Thanks,Brass
RD400F
TY250B
TY50 Pedals
Various bikes for sale

Online ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:34:08 AM »
Hi, Please could you activate my profile to be able to see the buy & sell sections seeing as the club took the auto renew payment ? Thanks,Brass
  PM sent

Bikes..
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.

Offline Nige

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 12:04:52 PM »
Hi Paul,  Can I have some tolerance and apathy please? I believe I am coming up on end of my first years membership, can you let me know what I need to do to renew and also how to alter my address for Well 'Ard please.
  Many Thanks,  Nige

Online ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 12:31:29 PM »
Hi Nige

Your membership doesn't expire until the 14th April so you will get a reminder before then with a link to renew. If you want to change anything on your membership you can do so here

go to this page https://membermojo.co.uk/aircooledrdclub/signin   and enter your email address and password.  If you have forgotten your password or you never set one up then click the "sign in with email" part. You will then get an email with a link to log you into your member mojo page
click that link and it will take you to your membership  page.
If you get any problems come back to me and I can change your details from here

cheers  Paul

Bikes..
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.

Offline Nige

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 12:41:39 PM »
Hi Paul,  Thank you for your help, all changed, Sun's out think I need to ride, it's essential.

Cheers,    Nige.

Offline tore

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 06:59:30 AM »
I assume this also is GDPR issue. You can not store personal information without approval and keep those data when the person has left the organisation.
This also apply to backups and archieves.

Skickat från min S52 via Tapatalk

Tore

Suzuki T20 1969
RD350B (Indonesia) 1975
BMW R1150GS Adv 2004
HVA Roulette 1957
NV 125 1955
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE

Online ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 08:36:35 AM »
I assume this also is GDPR issue. You can not store personal information without approval and keep those data when the person has left the organisation.
This also apply to backups and archieves.

Skickat från min S52 via Tapatalk
Hi actually not too sure about that, maybe our admin guy Barrie will chip in with the answer, thanks for pointing this out though

cheers

Paul

Bikes..
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.

Offline Admin

• Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Webmaster and European Correspondent
    • Drone pilot and website Designer
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 09:16:36 AM »
The Forum and Club Memberships are both covered by GDPR regulations and clearly stated during registration. Any Member of either freely gives up personal information during sign up and our terms state the way in which we store and use the information. A copy of what we store can be requested at any time and anyone can request that their information is deleted after they wish to leave the Club or Forum.

Copy of part of our Registratiion Agreement which everyone should read as they sign up :

"To comply with the General Data Protection Register Act the data that you provide about yourself is only held on our secure servers and is not used for any other reason or given to any third party companies. If you require a copy of the data that we hold about you please contact our Admin via personal messaging. By clicking the button below you are accepting to freely give your information to us and that you can request removal of any information we hold about you at any time by contacting our Admin via personal message."
Just my 250 special left now !

Online ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 09:58:06 AM »
Thanks Barrie for clarifying that

Paul

Bikes..
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.

Offline tore

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 08:58:48 AM »
When the membership is terminated of whatever reason that agreement also is terminated. Meaning the data should be removed without any need to request it.
I am not sure how the terms are written for the club. It is usually a bit unclear when a member leaves by not rejoin or just forgot to rejoin but still want to be a member.
There should be a clear statement that settles this. GDPR does not allow the club to keep personal data when someone is no longer a member...
Tore

Suzuki T20 1969
RD350B (Indonesia) 1975
BMW R1150GS Adv 2004
HVA Roulette 1957
NV 125 1955
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE