Moto GP and RD racing > Moto GP, WSB, BSB

2018 Moto2 Moto3 Test Jerez

(1/3) > >>

Sfbrain:
Hi all,

Just back from the very last pre season test, which was for Moto2 & Moto3 at Jerez.

Sadly it was mainly wet  ::)  but the second day was mostly dry and saw some decent times being put in.

There have been a few rule changes this year, one of which requires all riders to undergo a pre season medical.

There have been a few new teams in Moto2 (and a few rebranded) for this season.

Romano Fenati has moved up to Moto2 with his team

and Sam Lowes has moved back to Moto 2 with the 'Swiss Inovative Investors' team (formally Interwetten)

There is also a new chassis in Moto2, NTS from Japan comes in with the RW Racing team

Moto3 has lost the Mahindra chassis this year and all the Mahindra teams from 2017 have moved to KTM chassis.

Aspar has remamed itself as the Angel Nieto team

Gresini (and my tip for 2018 champions) has stayed with the Honda chassis

my favourite paint job goes to the SIC team

I also attended the first team/supplier meeting for the new MotoE class, which will be on the schedule from 2019.

MotoE is the electric bike class

Immediatly before each MotoGP race this season there will be a demonstration lap of the MotoE bike.

In 2019 there will be a small championship (5 Races), each independant MotoGP team will field a MotoE bike, 2 Moto2 teams and 2 Moto3 teams will also field a bike.

Race 1 next weekend guys, bring it on Qatar  :)

;)

kawazonkey:
Great pics!

fizzydog:
Thanks Steve.

As usual great behind the scene news and the pics couldn’t be better   8)

Dave.

Sfbrain:
Cheers Guys,

Pleased you liked the pics  8)

Not much interest in Moto2 or Moto3 here but you never know i might convert a few  ;D

MotoGP naturally has the high profile and all the glamour, but IMHO the best racing is to be had in Moto3  :o

Steve
 ;)

mr sheene:
Hi Steve I like moto 2/3 mate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version