Author Topic: X is down on the farm  (Read 4905 times)

stukey

X is down on the farm
« on: March 28, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »
Picked up project X from mr dawkins today. It is now in barn at an alpaca farm in wiltshire somewhere ;). Mr dawkins said it needed a few bits sorted, so have gone off to get my best farmer fixing tools! Selection of hammers an old screwdriver and a pair of pliers! Not forgetting the fixall things, if all else fails!Duct-tape wire and baler-twine :o :o. I honestly think he had a tear in his eye when he let me load in the van :) :) :)

Offline Paul Dawkins

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
Re: X is down on the farm
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:13 PM »
I have warned him not to touch it.
If Shadrack does any work on Project X I cant see MP making it to Aviemore with the North East boys.
It was thrown in the back of the Dingles van with one strap and the door wedging it in.
RD400C best in show RD rally 2019... From Southampton

stukey

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:40 AM »
I could send you pictures to show it is safe and sound .But you all know I don't do pictures😀😀if some one else wants to put them on I can email to you😀😀

Offline My precious

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • OCD Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »
I'm watching you Stukey........ Put the hammers away and step back from the bike.....  ::)
He actually used one strap..... That's a good sign....  :D
350B money-pit, feckin broken again............... (1976)
250A project (1975)
TZ350D/RD350B Hybrid Spondon (1975)
Ducati 916 (1997)
VFR400 project (1987) sold.
XJ6S Diversion (2010)
Yamaha R1Z 3XC 250cc power valve (1990)
Member 380

stukey

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
think yourself lucky it was proper rachet strap, i found lying around.Otherwise it would have been a bit of baler-twine :o :o :o

Offline Paul Dawkins

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 04:28:12 PM »
I need a battery but Jock says he has a spare you can borrow, the fuel cap need reassembling as the internal screw come lose but is still OK as it is as long as you know. Its running a bit rich but I prefer that, it need a little bit of a clean that I intended on doing but Shadrack turned up Monday and I never had time after the Good Friday run.
I have not really riding it only for the MOT but Del can tell you more He did 127 miles.
RD400C best in show RD rally 2019... From Southampton

stukey

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 05:25:24 PM »
Don't worry will sort out battery.Hugh will have a heart attack if he thinks he has to buy a new one :o :) :)

stukey

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »
As a few of you know X is down at my place at moment and all cleaned fixed and ready to go.Del was going to use but now has decided not to.If anyone wants to pick up and use before I take it back to Paul .Just clear it with him and you can pick up anytime.if you are going to borrow,can you make sure it goes back to him as you found it cheers Neil.