Author Topic: Stocking Up  (Read 564 times)

Offline tony2stroke

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Stocking Up
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 11:10:50 AM »
Yeah! China are at full pelt making face masks and sanitary products for us all  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Grey Duck

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 02:26:28 PM »
Y2K, The Great Zombie Apocalypse of 2016.
The doomsday preppers made it hard to even buy a frozen pizza at the WalMart (I exaggerate a little, not much).
Half the people I know fit that category lol.

I just don't get it. Especially when there are real problems. The Timberwolves just traded away half their team, almost all of their starters!
The Houston Astros cheated to win the World Series! Hell in a hand basket I'm telling ya!

Blow up your TV throw away your paper, Go to the country, build you a home. Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try an find Jesus on your own..  ;)

Offline kawazonkey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • If it ticks over. leave it...
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:51 PM »
Interesting indeed. And a tad worrying.

Offline tony2stroke

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 10:36:19 PM »
Interesting indeed. And a tad worrying.

Don't worry!! BE happy!!  wooooo,ooooooo,ooooooo, ooooo, Don't worry, be happy.

Offline mervin

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • When the going gets weird the weird turn pro
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 09:03:12 PM »
I heard on the news this morning the made in China disposable facemasks that dentists use have tripled in price and are very difficult to get now , then 20 minutes later a doctor advising that facemasks mat be helping the virus spread as people are putting their hands near their face to put them on , apparently it is spread by touch , the doctor even said those alcohol hand sanitizers are not much help against it either if you have not washed your hands before using it , He said the main thing is to thouroughly wash your hands before putting them near your mouth , 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”

Offline Barnett

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2020, 07:13:46 PM »
Sadly masks are pretty hopeless agreed. The reason medical staff wear them is to protect the patient not the other way round. A mask will give some protection to others if you have the bug but little protection if any for the wearer after a few min as the moisture from exhaling breath which moistens the mask is a perfect home for the bug. Ones with valves fare better but get anything on your hands, cloths, shoes then its in your car, or on your bike! Then its in the house. Little defence unless your fully suited up and have bioshower before removing. Best course of action is to avoid public confined spaces, wash hands and or wear gloves, use soap, antibacterial stuff useless, good for bacteria but not viruses.
Yamaha 1974 RD125 (AS3) fully restored 2018 on road
Kawasaki 1977 z650 B1 on road
Yamaha 1972/3 U.S. early RD350 ongoing project.