Author Topic: Yr5 clutch upgrade shakedown test.  (Read 192 times)

Offline Captain Scarlet

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Yr5 clutch upgrade shakedown test.
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:06:19 PM »
Went out on the Yr5 today for a ride round to test out the clutch upgrade and was pleased that there was no sign of the clutch slip so that seems to be cured.Also my oil pump has just been serviced by Arrow and that seems to make the bike smoke less so thats another job ticked off.
I stopped of at the shepherd & dog at Stambridge for a coffee and there was the usual mix of makes of bikes,I then went over to Julian Sopers bike shop on the A13 to get some fuses as the Yds7 had developed a dead short in the electrics and had a chat with him as the shop that has been there many years is closing as Julian is retiring.He is a ex racer and we talked about the races and racers he had known including Barry Sheene and he remembers the races between Sheene and Mick Grant at Olivers Mount Scarborough.Sad to see the old shop close but as the internet has so much power he has lasted longer than most.
So a productive ride out and I traced the dead short on the YDS7 to the main beam indicator bulb holder in the top of the headlamp,so that's now ready for the next rideout.

Offline 5port

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Yr5 clutch upgrade shakedown test.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 10:23:42 PM »
Good to hear that has worked well!  :)  Cheers

5port
5port