Author Topic: new member says hello  (Read 265 times)

Offline robrd

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
new member says hello
« on: January 12, 2020, 02:25:44 PM »
hello everyone out there, this is robrd from the midlands. I am retired and have had all sorts of bikes since the age of seven. in my retirement my hobby is rescuing old rd's that no one else seems to wan't, unfortunately the bikes i get are far from complete and do them to a standard and looks that i like. the way i look at it is that it is better to have a bike back on the road rather than in a skip. the reason that i have joined is to gain more knowledge of these fantastic bikes and where better to come than here. i will try to get a few photo's of recent bikes that may interest you and get my wife to download them for you to see, i get her to do it as i can't really get  to grips with computers and she comes to the rescue. looking forward to speaking with you.

Offline Tailchaser

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: new member says hello
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 02:29:44 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the club - there are some amazing people on here who will be only to happy to share their extensive knowledge & experience of these wonderful bikes with you.

cheers,

Jeff
RD250E & 2 Connemara (1HP) ponies!

Offline mervin

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • When the going gets weird the weird turn pro
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »
welcome Rob , you will find plenty of help here someone will know how to solve your problems for sure , enjoy your stay in the nuthouse loll  :D :D :D   having been here nearly 18 years i am one of the oldest nuts here , and the most dangerous nut on an RD is the one holding the handlebars  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D >:( >:(
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”

Offline Gr8uncleal

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 03:02:54 PM »
hello everyone out there, this is robrd from the midlands. I am retired and have had all sorts of bikes since the age of seven. in my retirement my hobby is rescuing old rd's that no one else seems to wan't, unfortunately the bikes i get are far from complete and do them to a standard and looks that i like. the way i look at it is that it is better to have a bike back on the road rather than in a skip. the reason that i have joined is to gain more knowledge of these fantastic bikes and where better to come than here. i will try to get a few photo's of recent bikes that may interest you and get my wife to download them for you to see, i get her to do it as i can't really get  to grips with computers and she comes to the rescue. looking forward to speaking with you.

Welcome from a fellow retiree from near Salisbury doing a similar thing with RDs and other two strokes of the same era!

Online tony2stroke

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 06:10:53 PM »
Hi and welcome  :)

Offline Aardvark

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 08:23:20 PM »
Hi and welcome to the club.

Aardvark

Offline stukey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 09:43:27 PM »
pm sent
Rd 350 special can we get more than 70bnp?
Silver-dust 350b now with new owner
Barnfull of A/b stuff
and not forgetting the r6 streefighter
 R1Z 250

Offline Kickstart

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • RD's ARE FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 07:36:34 PM »
welcome Rob from the sunny Madlands
A/C HOOLIGAN

Offline Ozhammer

• Ozhammer
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 08:16:31 AM »
Hi Rob and welcome from us Aussie RD nuts too! 8)
2 strokes are all I need!

'74 S3
'75 CB400-4
'78 RD250E
'78 RD400E
'79 RD400F
'79 RD400G
'81 GT250EX X7
'81 RD350LC
‘83 KE175D3
'86 RD350F2