Author Topic: Club Rant  (Read 372 times)

Offline Astute Greaser

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Club Rant
« on: November 30, 2019, 11:36:43 PM »
Seeing some remarks of late from a seasoned member into the “Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below” forum
Without mentioning name, because I don't think they even realized what they were saying ::)

Remarks I consider somewhat condescending, a case of :-
Let’s get off my big bike and give the Wee lads and lasses a pat on their heads.
The “Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below” forum lacks questions and answers, perhaps the “little” people shy away from the gaze of the immortals.
I’ve notice a number of people think they have to ask questions in the wrong forum to get a response. They think they hear hollow echoes in the lower forum and there is truth in that.
There are more than just synergies between the "250 and above" and "200 and below" forums. Is there a demarcation line. I thought we shared knowledge brought in from our own experiences, work, life, as well as bikes.
Do we not have the same organs and heritage? If you prick us, do we not bleed 2T? I'm talking about the bikes now!
Knowledge (and corrections) gained surely should be one of the clubs aspirations.

While I have my rant: –
When you’ve made your point on a subject then STOP thinking you have to defend yourselves constantly from others. We can see clearly when the bullying starts and lose respect for those doing it. Its repetitive, boring and destructive! Too many damn Pistons. There are members who used to make good regular contributions that have backed away because of constant badgering.
I gladly welcome, help, banter, dry humour etc and have a thick skin. Some will think he’s off again, poor knowledge and going into areas reserved for others. Yes I make mistakes, just try not to repeat them. But this rant I don't think is one of them.
Await the ragging, I'm not trying to be a popular immortal like some!
-Mike

Offline Paul Dawkins

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
Re: Club Rant
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 07:55:08 AM »
I think you will find the moderators have already noticed this and the appropriate action has already been taken.
You will notice a difference for at least the next month so lets see.
RD400C best in show RD rally 2019... From Southampton

Offline adydeere

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »
Good evening,

I have not seen this but I will have a look. I am small of stature and so is my wife. I probably could not touch the floor with both feet on a 400. What is sad is as a small person that got picked on you become the bully so when the big guy picks on you its time to turn it around a bit like David and Goliath and put him in his place. This worked for me as a kid but violence bulling and aggression towards others is not acceptable we are only here once and we should all play nicely.
Just my thoughts (no I am not one of the seven Dwarfs)
Ady

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 04:28:56 PM by adydeere »

Online kawazonkey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • If it ticks over. leave it...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 10:25:35 PM »
Bullying is not acceptable full stop. But I appear to be missing something...just went into the 200cc and under bit and had a quick looksie. Can't see anything amiss. Only reason I don't go there is I have never owned a 125 or 200 RD and know bugger all about them! But I'd love either bike as they are cracking little things. I do know of one chap who, when the fatal 125cc learner laws came in simply slapped 125 decals on his 200!