Author Topic: I want to buy a 1982 Yamaha RD 350 LC  (Read 417 times)

Offline WilliamD

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
I want to buy a 1982 Yamaha RD 350 LC
« on: October 19, 2019, 06:49:28 PM »
The bike appears to be in excellent condition, but the owner won't certify. Could a bike that old be a reliable runner? Can you get parts for that bike? Thank you.

Offline Penno

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: I want to buy a 1982 Yamaha RD 350 LC
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »
William
firstly have you had a look in the RDLC forum, which is specific for that model, with many experts submitting to the forum.
Remember the bike is 37 years old and will need regular maintenance, but with this they can be an excellent bike, lots of fun.
NOS parts are available but becoming harder to find.
However most important to your question is why will the current owner not certify the condition of the bike?
Is the bike an import, UK matching numbers, V5, history with the bike?
Hopefully this will give you a starting point.
RD400F 1979

Offline kawazonkey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • If it ticks over. leave it...
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 10:19:37 PM »
What bike? Is it on eBay or something? With any 2 stroke if you don't get reciepts and proof of an engine rebuild you'll need to think about that. Budget a grand. Is it a UK bike? If not you'll need a UK speedo and headlight. Or a new speedo dial. But yes they are reliable enough. And highly addictive!

Offline WilliamD

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 01:04:51 AM »
William
firstly have you had a look in the RDLC forum, which is specific for that model, with many experts submitting to the forum.
Remember the bike is 37 years old and will need regular maintenance, but with this they can be an excellent bike, lots of fun.
NOS parts are available but becoming harder to find.
However most important to your question is why will the current owner not certify the condition of the bike?
Is the bike an import, UK matching numbers, V5, history with the bike?
Hopefully this will give you a starting point.
I live in Canada. The bike is in Whitby Ontario Canada. You can view the bike on Kijiji, or I will try to upload photo of the bike.
He's asking $5,150 Canadian. I don't know any history of the bike nor have I gone out to look, but it looks beautiful in the photo. I don't know why he won't certify?

Offline CBM

• Forum member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 06:42:42 AM »
The bike appears to be in excellent condition, but the owner won't certify. Could a bike that old be a reliable runner? Can you get parts for that bike? Thank you.
You'll find everything/anything you ever want/need to know about LC's right here - http://rdlccrazy.proboards.com/

Offline tony2stroke

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 01:34:20 PM »
You'll find everything/anything you ever want/need to know about LC's right here - http://rdlccrazy.proboards.com/

+1