Author Topic: DGR Bristol  (Read 320 times)

Offline SJM

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
DGR Bristol
« on: September 28, 2019, 09:48:15 PM »
Worldwide Distinguished Gentelman's Ride.

I will be doing the DGR again this year (Bristol Area) to support Prostate Cancer and Men's Mental Health Charities. Bike all cleaned, fueled and ready to go.

Downside is I will get wet as its forecast rain nearly all day  :'(

Hope to post pics tomorrow.
RD400F Daytona Modified, RD400F Daytona Original Stock, RD400F Pile of Parts!, RD250E Pile of Parts! Still! Ducati M1200R Black.

Offline SJM

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: DGR Bristol
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 06:06:58 PM »
So the start was delayed a half hour or so until the main rain squall had passed. The route was halved to 18km due to the rural route flooding and unpassable  :o  I managed to get a few amateur pics between the rainy spells.  :) Lots of old bikes and modern too but trying to match the theme for the ride.

Total raised by the Bristol DGR so far is £17.5k+ with just over half the 359 riders registered braving the shite weather. Worldwide at today was nearly $5.5M.
RD400F Daytona Modified, RD400F Daytona Original Stock, RD400F Pile of Parts!, RD250E Pile of Parts! Still! Ducati M1200R Black.

Offline SJM

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: DGR Bristol
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »
Luckily there was a professional Photographer at the Ride. Can you guess who?   :D  Even found a stray bike looking for a Cowboy!

Fowlers at Bristol put on a great hosting at the end with Bacon or Sausage baps and much needed hot drinks with any donation accepted as payment.

It may have been a wettish DGR ride here in the UK but it was worth the effort for the cause  ;) I had a great time viewing the bikes and riding through town   ;D ;D