Author Topic: Yamaha rd200a  (Read 242 times)

Offline Pmcd31421

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
Yamaha rd200a
« on: August 15, 2019, 08:36:57 PM »
Hi , does anyone know where I can obtain tank badges for an rd200a ?

Offline Gr8uncleal

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: Yamaha rd200a
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
Try an advert in the "Wanted" section on this site (but you'll need to be a Club member for this), ebay and some of the online sites such as CMSNL, Partzilla, Boats.net etc.

If you haven't done so already, familiarise yourself with what it looks like, what other bikes share that part (the online websites usually show this) and then search ebay for misc, miscellaneous, Yamaha, RD200 parts and all permutations thereof - some sellers, particularly in the US, just bag a load of stuff up and almost sell it by the weight.

Probably a no-goer because of the postage and difficulty in removing the badges, but you might pick up some off a tank that's only good for scrapping.

Good luck.

Alan
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:15:42 AM by Gr8uncleal »

Online Astute Greaser

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »
Rocking Horse poo
Unfortunately these badges have limited life. They become brittle and fade with the Sunlight so old stocks are long gone.
Very unlikely to get good used.
They are also handed to match the curves of the tank.
Any NOS that come up fetch silly money. One auction I entered just the LH one fetched £110 :o.
There are some advertised from Indonesia but if you look at the poor quality of the font, plus the backs do not match my originals, I wouldn't part with my cash.
You will see people doing replica gel ones, the originals are White on black not silver.
We're all looking for badges on other models that have been listed for wrong bike but there are a lot of people out there.
There are badges that will fit, from other models but wrong fonts, colours and different graphics.
If you do manage to get some, use torx security screws to fix, to keep the thieving bast@rds off. In the old days the Fizzy guys used to nick them, even though the graphics were wrong, as I found out when I came out of College one evening >:(
Do let us all know if you have success and how you did it.
Good hunting.

Offline smokinsimmo

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 12:04:55 AM »
I made my own tank badges from window grade Perspex using a CNC milling machine and many layers of paint. 

If there is some interest I could run off a few pairs. 
Paid up Rd club member #30. 
 The Original Rally Baby on the electric RD.