Author Topic: Shhh, it's a 4-Stroke  (Read 393 times)

Offline Tailchaser

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Shhh, it's a 4-Stroke
« on: April 04, 2019, 02:54:19 PM »
My old CB650 Honda

RD250E & 2 Connemara (1HP) ponies!

Offline Gr8uncleal

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: Shhh, it's a 4-Stroke
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 04:07:19 PM »
The only other exhaust that I saw like that was a Yoshimura one on a Honda 400/4. I thought that my 400/4 sounded nice with a Dunstall Decibel "silencer" (oh I do like irony!), but jeez did that Yoshi howl!!

I almost bought a Suzuki GT550 just because it had a Piper (remember them?!) 3 into 1 on it. I suspect that it fricked up the carburation though!

Loud bikes and loud music - happy days.

Offline Tailchaser

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 04:56:32 PM »
I had a Dunstall one on my 400/4 as well! The pipe on the 650 was a Laser (think they also came in a quiet version under the Marshall name) and yes it did howl

There was a GT750 used to come down the local bike shop (Albany's in Coventry) and we all used to hang around just to her it pull away - crap for the performance, but what a noise!

Happy days indeed.
RD250E & 2 Connemara (1HP) ponies!

Offline Reving Kevin

• Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:19:07 PM »
Back in the day, a mate proddie raced for a Suzuki dealership. He often 'borrowed' bikes out of the showroom or workshop and came round on them. Once, a GT380 with one of those Piper pipes on it. I took it around the block and it was all noise and no go! made a dreadful racket compared to my KH400 with Le Sports. It also had a digital gear indicator that was faulty - so it read you were in 8th gear ;D

Another time, he showed up with brand new GSX1100 and took me out on the back, and wound it right out, that was the fastest (top speed wise) I ever went on a bike - Zoooom!
RD250 E, on the road.

YB100, restoration/customisation under way.