Author Topic: The slightly ambitious drag bike project...  (Read 5914 times)

Offline kawazonkey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • If it ticks over. leave it...
Re: The slightly ambitious drag bike project...
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2019, 08:42:49 PM »
A big sigh of relief here I can tell you!

Offline kawazonkey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:23 PM »
Dusty popped over earlier today and got the nut off...but then we couldn't see anything wrong. So why the kickstart jammed is a mystery. However I do need a washer and a new locking tab. Not a biggie. But the engine will be coming out to have new crank seals. For the sake of £25 it seems idiotic not to do this. But one thing he said (as have others) sank in a bit. Doing 3 bikes at the same time is hard enough. Doing it on a very part time basis is even harder. And doing it on a budget of zero is nigh on impossible. Seeing I want a bike, any bike, on the road asap I have decided to moth ball the drag bike and the LC and just concentrate on the Purple Popsicle. This will have a day time MOT and all I need really apart from some welding is a carb. Trying to find one is harder than I thought though. There are 2 types and of course the one I need is the rare one! Fingers xxd I can find one.

Offline kawazonkey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2019, 08:32:38 PM »
Right.

The engine is out, partially dismantled and is on the work bench. The bike is now at the back of the workshop with Elsie.

And the Popsicle takes over...