Author Topic: Seafront sunset  (Read 246 times)

Offline Captain Scarlet

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Seafront sunset
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »
As the weather was bright this afternoon I went for a spin on the DS7.Out through the countryside of Canewden,Stambridge and Great Wakering and down to the seafront at Thorpe bay as the sun was just going down.Very fortunate for November and a early birthday present for me !!

Offline Adeyone

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
  • 2 Strokes do it twice as often!!!
Re: Seafront sunset
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 06:18:46 PM »
Hi.

Lovely day for your ride. Lovely bike too 👍👍
Miserable wet day today in South Derbyshire 😢😢😔😔

Never mind !!

Ady
Yamaha RD350 1973, 1 of first 700.
Lambretta Li 150 special, now 225cc TS1 with reed valve induction and expansion exhaust!
Honda ST70 Monkey bike, Now finished! FOR SALE!

Offline Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 06:59:11 PM »
A nice sunset with the bike in the foreground

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:09:53 PM by Motty »
“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline Colin987

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • Location: Germany. Originally Cirencester; but who knows what the future might bring!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 07:51:54 PM »
Nice pictures - hope the weather holds out so you can get a few more miles in.

Colin
RD250A

Offline Reving Kevin

• Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 08:56:34 PM »
Ohhh! The posh end of SOS, as the sun sets over the gravy coloured sea and Canvey Island and Corrington twinkle in the twilight distance ;D

Remember those roads quite well, long time since I've been out there though. My favourite ride back in the day was out from Rayleigh Weir, Battlesbridge, Woodham Ferrers, Stow Maries, Cold Norton, Latchingdon, Mayland, Steeple to St. Lawrence Bay. Great twisty country roads to ride along. Also liked going to Heybridge Basin and Mersea Island (although there was F/A to do once you got there).

I see you still have your bars tilted up, from talking to other RD guys, I think this may have been a 'Southend' thing?

Nice pics, and a very nice bike. Maybe our paths will cross next year, be nice to chat.
RD250 E, on the road.

YB100, restoration/customisation under way.

Offline ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 11:21:19 PM »
I see you still have your bars tilted up, from talking to other RD guys, I think this may have been a 'Southend' thing?
"Still have your handlebars tilted up?" what, has John been reprimanded then for such a heinous crime and failed to conform to "other RD guys opinions" as if he gives a toss how handlebars are supposed to be.  The last time I checked mine I found that they were actually adjustable to suit my riding position and not actually welded in place. When I read stuff like this I just wish people would give this nit picking about peoples bikes a rest.  It happens too much on this forum and particularly when a bike appears for sale on ebay where it is ripped to shreds if it isn't spot on. And just for the record, it is not a Southend thing, as if such a thing exists as I am Southend born and bred but John isn't I may add + his bike won 2nd Best 250 at the rally this year with his wonky bars!
"Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" Aristotle

Bikes..
 1974 Yamaha RD250B US import
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.

Offline GR400

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 07:04:05 AM »
Wow! I don’t think Kevin meant any offence Paul  :D 
For the record, it was definitely a ‘my part of Kent’ thing in the late 70’s teenage hooligan community! It was the thing to do to tilt high bars forward to give an exaggerated ‘elbows out’ riding position that was popular then. Nowt wrong with that, so don’t have a go at me too  :D
'80 RD400F, coming together slowly
'75 RD350B, my retirement project at this rate!
'01 ZRX1200R
'01 GSX-R1000 K1

Offline Reving Kevin

• Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 08:14:06 AM »
No criticism, or offence meant on my part. All fond nostalgia. I have put flat bars on my bike, as I had back in the day, and will change other standard parts as I want. John and I have chatted by pm before, he's been helpful with some grey areas of my memory about the area, I have no issues with him, I doubt he has any with me. Sorry if I upset you Oz, but wasn't meant as you thought at all :)
RD250 E, on the road.

YB100, restoration/customisation under way.

Offline ozmadman

• Ozmadman
  • Admin Group
  • Port Hacker
  • Membership Secretary
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 08:25:58 AM »
 :-* :-*
"Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" Aristotle

Bikes..
 1974 Yamaha RD250B US import
 1960 Model 8 AJS 350cc.