Author Topic: Diy badges yr5 yds7  (Read 161 times)

Offline splant

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Diy badges yr5 yds7
« on: September 05, 2018, 05:01:20 PM »
 ???Gave up searching so knocked this up in my shed with a bit of perspex,pinstripes and a 2.99 yamaha sticker,I could of made it better if I'd took more time but it will do for me ,trying make the side 350 badge now with a playdoh mould filled with araldite ,let you see the result of its passable ? Oh obviously the bottom ones the made up one ,tops original but rough
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 08:03:06 PM by splant »
oops i think my powerbands snapped .

Offline Barnett

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: Diy badges yr5 yds7
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
Blimey, thats pretty impressive! There is a kind of liquid acrylic you can get, you know the stuff that you see bugs or other such objects captivated in resin blocks fo use as paperweights etc. Was wondering about doing similar for my early rd125 but was lucky enough yo gind a missing badge. would be interested in your progress though!
Yamaha 1974 RD125 (AS3) nearly finished!
Kawasaki 1977 z650 B1 being ridden
Yamaha 1972/3 U.S. early RD350 in bits

Offline Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 09:23:08 PM »
Well done, I wonder how many of the rivet counters will spot that

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline splant

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »
Yeh quiet chuffed with that one, it was clear plastic about 4mms thick ,yamaha sticker was mirror cut so it stuck behind ,then Matt black spray over the back of that,plastic bubbled a little bit using a Blowlamp to get the bend. My 350 badge hasn't come out so well ,the araldite hasn't got in all the nooks and crannies as well as I thought it would ,I think I,ll try molten lead in the mould next .....update lead didn't work at all and I've run out of playdoh so have give up .
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:57:17 PM by splant »
oops i think my powerbands snapped .