Author Topic: CRMC Donington 2018  (Read 286 times)

Offline Colin Johnston

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
CRMC Donington 2018
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:08:43 PM »
Attended the CRMC meeting at Donington this weekend, yes the one we were not invited to as a club.
The VJMC were in attendance & had a grand total of three RD aircooled on show at the Melbourne Loop.
It’s a shame we missed out as a club, the weather was fantastic, if a little too hot & owners of bikes on show got a parade lap of Donington too.
Myself & PaulN had a good two days watching the racing, but we both miss the event as it used to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RD400c restoration

Offline rsvr1000

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
Re: CRMC Donington 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »
Hi, have sent an email to the VJMC asking what the plans are for next year regarding Bike clubs attending next year CRMC event
GT250 X7,RD400, RD350 LC,CB50J, Multistrada 1200 S ,

Offline Colin Johnston

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »
Hi, have sent an email to the VJMC asking what the plans are for next year regarding Bike clubs attending next year CRMC event
That’s good because it needs sorting sooner rather than later.
There were other clubs there as well as VJMC, BSA gold star club & Honda CB1100 club, to name two.
Paul & myself spoke to a lady within the VJMC, didn’t get her name, but she said MSV kept saying the event was off, then on, off again, then eventually on.
Seems a shame we missed out mainly because we weren’t in contact with VJMC

RD400c restoration

Offline rsvr1000

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
There were other clubs there as well as VJMC, BSA gold star club & Honda CB1100 club, to name two.
Paul & myself spoke to a lady within the VJMC, didn’t get her name, but she said MSV kept saying the event was off, then on, off again, then eventually on.

My contact is Andrew Green who organises most of the U.K. Classic bike shows including VJMC apparently it is was literally last minute dot com , MSV are still undecided still for next year ! We shall have to watch this space I want to do again as the event was getting bigger and better by the each year

Offline Kickstart

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • RD's ARE FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »

My contact is Andrew Green who organises most of the U.K. Classic bike shows including VJMC apparently it is was literally last minute dot com , MSV are still undecided still for next year ! We shall have to watch this space I want to do again as the event was getting bigger and better by the each year

Tony, can't agree more regards this being a cracking event. in the past members have done this club proud with stands at the event. but if MSV don't give a s**t, all clubs should move on and try and find an event were they would be welcome. we have classic racing events all over the uk so could we not try one of those and when the word gets about other clubs would follow.T
A/C HOOLIGAN

Offline rsvr1000

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 07:08:55 PM »
Tel, have been in contact with the Tramway Museum, these guys hold classic bike shows looks differnt and Intresting, watch this space  8)

Offline Kickstart

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • RD's ARE FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »
Tel, have been in contact with the Tramway Museum, these guys hold classic bike shows looks differnt and Intresting, watch this space  8)

will do mate,and with fingers crossed hope to give you some backing.
what about Darley Tone ?
A/C HOOLIGAN

Offline rsvr1000

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 10:22:03 PM »
Only racing at Darley Tel, seen nothing regarding any shows