Author Topic: Dating letter and nova but they're saying needs inspecting?  (Read 235 times)

Online splant

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Did everything by the book but got this letter this morning ,anybody else have this aggro before ? Hope they come to me .hadn't got through to them yet kept on hold for 20mins so far. Got through say they'll ring back in 5 days ,sound a right cowboy company that know nothing about bikes !
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:45:04 PM by splant »
oops i think my powerbands snapped .

Offline petermigreen

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
  • Live free or die
Re: Dating letter and nova but they're saying needs inspecting?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
Don't worry they must do this to a percentage of registrations.
I registered a my CB400F in 2016 and sent everything off to DVLA and after 2 weeks received that letter.
Letter gave details to contact a company in Kent which I duly did and had the same wait as they rang back 5-7 days later with an inspection appointment at my address.
I think I had to wait 2-3 weeks for the inspection but once completed process went ahead with no further hiccups. I wasn't at home when the inspection took place but made sure my wife was waiting with a cup of tea when he arrived.

As I said, I think they must just pick a percentage of registrations at random. We just happened to be the unlucky ones. >:(
Hope your registration goes ahead fine.
Peter
1928 Ford Model A Tudor
1944 Harley Davidson 42WLA
1972 CB750K1 US import
1972 CB500K2 US import
1975 CB400F0 US import
1976 DT175C US import
1982 RD200F
8 push bikes

Offline shaunthe2nd

• Forum member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
  • New member - be gentle!
Re: Dating letter and nova but they're saying needs inspecting?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:55:23 PM »
Interesting, I've registered a few in last few years but nevers seen this. Maybe it is a random thing as suggested.
Fingers crossed you get it sorted, good luck.
RD350LC - RD250LC - RD200DX