Author Topic: The Great Seat Debate  (Read 267 times)

Offline mholc123

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
The Great Seat Debate
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:14:33 PM »
I need a new seat for my RD400D, has anyone had any experience of either the Yam bits or the RDLCCRAZY seat or any other after market seat?
Pictures would be great and any advice would be welcome.

Offline yorkie

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
Re: The Great Seat Debate
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
Hi guys
Can anyone tell me if these seats are ok
Thanks Steve

Offline betty foRD

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:21:46 PM »
I don’t know the seats in questions and they could even be from the same source but RDLCCrazy is Norbo, he doesn’t sell anything he wouldn’t be more than happy to put on or has put on his own bikes. I would happily buy anything from him sight unseen but just having chatted to him.
Yambits are jack of all trades, you really need feedback from folks who have used stuff to be comfortable it’s going to do what you want. They do a great job providing pattern widgets that are NLA from Yamaha but some of it isn’t to OE standard, so a good deal of pragmatism is required should you buy from them. Ie second option is often the only option.
Rev 'em till they rattle

Offline kawazonkey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • If it ticks over. leave it...
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »
Have to agree with Peter. Norbo's stuff is excellent and posted very quickly. Yambits...well I guess I'm lucky as every part I have bought from there has been perfect, fast delivery too. However there are horror stories about some of their parts...