Author Topic: Updated carb technical spec  (Read 49011 times)

Offline stukey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Updated carb technical spec
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »
Dave. Maybe it would be more constructive to supply all of your data and cumulative knowlage to stephen direct, so as he can collate and cross-referance with the data he already has. That way we will all benifit :)
Rd 350 special can we get more than 70bnp?
Silver-dust 350b now with new owner
Barnfull of A/b stuff
and not forgetting the r6 streefighter
 R1Z 250

Offline My precious

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • OCD Engineer
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »
i stand by facts and insider knowledge gained over 45 years and even then i dont profess to know it all and i never will but im over your neck of the woods early next year id still buy you a beer and talk shop

Aye, could happen, where are you heading to...?
350B money-pit, feckin broken again............... (1976)
250A project (1975)
TZ350D/RD350B Hybrid Spondon (1975)
Ducati 916 (1997)
VFR400 project (1987) sold.
XJ6S Diversion (2010)
Yamaha R1Z 3XC 250cc power valve (1990)
Member 380

Offline RDnuts

• RDnuts
  • Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • nuts about rds
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2019, 10:53:09 PM »
well i did that and got shot down on the r5 fuel valve i thought that was just correcting an error i spotted ,did not want it to turn in to the great debate have supplied data in the past but to be honest its ok knowing the then data but its all changed with the crap fuel we have to use now and is now redundant spoke to a few of the race guys at donnington who do tz and the like they have had to change all there known previous data and started with clean sheets to keep their strokers at the peak they have to use pump fuel now and its changed the world for them sadly after quite a few blow ups but have let me in on a few of their secrets which have applied to two of my riders still have a bit more playing around to do but i think im getting there the first holed piston will tell me i went to far
RDnuts 18 RDs tooooo many even for me , the best things in life aint free, non fully paid up x member 2376 owner and restorer of the first rd to come to the uk RYN51L front page of april 2013 classic bike my claim to fame

Offline stukey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2019, 07:24:04 AM »
If you are experimenting with fueling and ignition Dave and are in danger or holing a piston. It would be prudent to use our forged pistons.They are tougher and stand up to a lot more abuse than cast ones.We supply to a lot of the top race guys ;) I don't think Stephen was criticising your information Dave.He was just relating his information according to his findings. this is in a very linear engineers way, as opposed to a laymans point of view
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:34:51 AM by stukey »
Rd 350 special can we get more than 70bnp?
Silver-dust 350b now with new owner
Barnfull of A/b stuff
and not forgetting the r6 streefighter
 R1Z 250

Offline RDnuts

• RDnuts
  • Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • nuts about rds
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2019, 10:26:58 PM »
Stephen ill be in a place near Keady  Armagh in march
RDnuts 18 RDs tooooo many even for me , the best things in life aint free, non fully paid up x member 2376 owner and restorer of the first rd to come to the uk RYN51L front page of april 2013 classic bike my claim to fame

Offline RDnuts

• RDnuts
  • Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • nuts about rds
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2019, 11:33:43 PM »
If you are experimenting with fueling and ignition Dave and are in danger or holing a piston. It would be prudent to use our forged pistons.They are tougher and stand up to a lot more abuse than cast ones.We supply to a lot of the top race guys ;) I don't think Stephen was criticising your information Dave.He was just relating his information according to his findings. this is in a very linear engineers way, as opposed to a laymans point of view
[/ha ha im not an engineer but know just a little bit on how to play around with ignition and fuelling , trick is not to do both at the same time id never use a forged pistons on a road bike the race guys i spoke to have done the hard work for me basic stuff was to up main jet and take ignition any where between 1.7 btdc and 1.9 btdc , holing pistons aint my game but tell tell sounds let you know just before this happens so if your astute at knowing then it can be avoided and plug chops let you know if bits of piston are being lost ,last holed piston i did was on my dt250 on the iom blating my way at a dizzy 80mph on the way to peel for breakfast metallic  rattle then pop timing was spot on carb settings spot on ,id just filled up with iom fuel blamed that as fixed piston it never blew again no rattle at 80 back home no holed piston wierd
 quote]

Offline My precious

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • OCD Engineer
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2019, 12:11:18 AM »
Stephen ill be in a place near Keady  Armagh in march

Keady is about half an hour away from me.... Distance is irrelevant in Ireland, its all done on how much time is involved.
350B money-pit, feckin broken again............... (1976)
250A project (1975)
TZ350D/RD350B Hybrid Spondon (1975)
Ducati 916 (1997)
VFR400 project (1987) sold.
XJ6S Diversion (2010)
Yamaha R1Z 3XC 250cc power valve (1990)
Member 380