New Forum > Forum and Membership Issues

Uploading pictures to the new forum

(1/9) > >>

mervin:
To upload a picture to the forum from your comp

1 when writing a reply click on the attachments and other options below the box.
2 beside attach box is a drop down menu, click on this and choose  "inline full size image" or it can be a thumbnail in the text that gets enlarged or a sequence of thumbnails that go at the end of your message etc. There is maximum of 10 images per post with a maximum file size of 200kb per image -
3 click browse and find pic on your computer double click until link text appears in box
4 for multiple pics click on  more attachments and repeat from step 2
5 click post button
If i find anything easier when doing this i will update

woodfoRD:
hello, not sure what i am doing wrong,  :-[ i attach a picture (attach=1) appears,
send the message, get a returned 'file to big..' :o it's only one photo from a file...
any ideas please .??   thanks

Admin:

--- Quote from: woodfoRD on November 15, 2012, 03:59:42 PM ---hello, not sure what i am doing wrong,  :-[ i attach a picture (attach=1) appears,
send the message, get a returned 'file to big..' :o it's only one photo from a file...
any ideas please .??   thanks

--- End quote ---
Just like it says "your image is too large" - max image size is 200kb which is very large. You need to reduce the image so its below 200kb. This one is just under so you can see how it can still be good quality :

You can insert the image as a thumbnail for viewers to expand or as a full size image like I did here. Just click the drop down box to the right of the image uploader browse box and you can choose how you want to display it. Simples  8) 8)

Barrie

woodfoRD:
no wishing to appear stupid..... :-[ but how do i do that.??

Admin:

--- Quote from: woodfoRD on November 15, 2012, 04:51:44 PM ---no wishing to appear stupid..... :-[ but how do i do that.??

--- End quote ---

If you are talking about reducing the size of your image you need to open the image in a graphics editor such as Photoshop. You can use the default Windows editor " Paint" if you do not have an installed graphics software editor. Just open your image and there is a "resize" option at the top. If you reduce it by percentage look in the very bottom toolbar and it will tell you how big the reduced image is in kb. Once its below 200kb save it and upload it. Then :

Okay, when you are making a post put your cursor where you want the image to appear then scroll down below the text box and there is a cross with "Attachments and other options" next to it - click the cross and the image uploader appears.

In the "Attach" section click Browse to locate the image on your pc. Once you have the image path in the box click the drop down box to the right to set how you want it displayed and thats it. Just click POST at the bottom and you are done. As it states at the bottom of the image uploader images can be no more than 200kb in size and no more than 10 per post

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version