Author Topic: 250f  (Read 4850 times)

Offline wolfheze

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« on: July 27, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »
Hi. I know this is a real longshot but i would love to be able to find out what became of my old 250f, only problem is i cant remember the reg number! The only information that i have is that it was white and red and was bought new from Dick Shepperd Motorcycles in Coventry between December 79 and febuary 80.

I lived in the village of Meriden at the time and sold it about a year later to a guy from Birmingham. The shop where it was bought closed many years ago so i cant access any sales records they might have had. If anyone should happen to have with their paperwork a sales receipt from the above dealers could they please let me know, I"m sure if i saw the reg number again i would recognise it

Thank you.

Offline bluec

• Banned
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »

Quote from: wolfheze
Hi. I know this is a real longshot but i would love to be able to find out what became of my old 250f, only problem is i cant remember the reg number! The only information that i have is that it was white and red and was bought new from Dick Shepperd Motorcycles in Coventry between December 79 and febuary 80.

I lived in the village of Meriden at the time and sold it about a year later to a guy from Birmingham. The shop where it was bought closed many years ago so i cant access any sales records they might have had. If anyone should happen to have with their paperwork a sales receipt from the above dealers could they please let me know, I"m sure if i saw the reg number again i would recognise it

Thank you.

hi, if you didnt find your old rd250 you should be able to find out the reg details from dvla by requesting a history of what vehicles you owned during that period.

they will have all those records on microfich

good luck

keith

Offline Ozzy

• Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 02:58:00 PM »
have a quick squint at the RD database that foggie drew up you may see it in there
Rd400d finaly she lives and breathes.
new toy rd200 in garage awaiting rebuild.
another rd200 in garage donor bike.
no1754

Offline bluec

• Banned
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 03:42:43 PM »

Quote from: Ozzy
have a quick squint at the RD database that foggie drew up you may see it in there

how"s he gonna do that when he doesnt know the reg No of his old bike  
keith

Offline Ozzy

• Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
cos he said "im sure if i saw the reg no again i would recognise it"
Rd400d finaly she lives and breathes.
new toy rd200 in garage awaiting rebuild.
another rd200 in garage donor bike.
no1754

Offline bluec

• Banned
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »

Quote from: Ozzy
cos he said "im sure if i saw the reg no again i would recognise it"

GOOD POINT  
keith

Offline wolfheze

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 04:35:22 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys, have already looked on the rd register but no luck. will try the dvla records.

thanks again

Offline wolfheze

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 06:41:45 AM »
Letter came back from the dvla today saying that that they cant trace a reg number from a name and address

Offline spikeyboy

• Forum member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »
Probably more that they can"t be bothered !!!

Just as annoying as when they won"t find a reg number for you from a VIN/Frame number

It can be done as the police do it to find rung cars etc

Lazy  !!!

Probably say it"s a health and safety issue !!!

Offline wolfheze

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
250f
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
Now theres an idea, any coppers on here?

Offline wolfheze

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: 250f
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 09:38:42 PM »

Hi again. Have been away for a few years after selling the 250a but am back and still trying to find my old 250f! Reg prefix would have been AC and for some reason LAC sounds familiar but of course after 35years i could well be mistaken!

Thank you.

Offline RDnuts

• RDnuts
  • Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • nuts about rds
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 09:05:04 PM »
to get the history you need a reg number the dvla wont even do anything without that or a vin if you had that you would have to go through the reg process or hpi type thing then you might have a chance dont yah have a pic? or someone you know have a pic , funny how numbers can stick in your head as i know all the reg numbers of all the vehicles i have ever owned including the 20 i have now but ask me how much a 3p bun is in woolworths and id struggle with that one
RDnuts 18 RDs tooooo many even for me , the best things in life aint free, non fully paid up x member 2376 owner and restorer of the first rd to come to the uk RYN51L front page of april 2013 classic bike my claim to fame

Offline patch10

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • believe and you may achieve
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
LOL :D :D where you been Dave.....woolworths CLOSED BLOODY YEARS AGO  :P :P :P
T.T wannabe  AKA chris poulton
zx10r c1 monster energy special 167bhp at r/w
rothmans honda vfr 104bhp at r/w

RD400C work in progress here : now finished
http://www.aircooledrdclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=49208.0

Offline wolfheze

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
I have no photos and have lost touch with everyone from those days who may have had one. 

Offline RDnuts

• RDnuts
  • Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • nuts about rds
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 08:45:56 AM »
LOL :D :D where you been Dave.....woolworths CLOSED BLOODY YEARS AGO  :P :P :P
that was my point :D
RDnuts 18 RDs tooooo many even for me , the best things in life aint free, non fully paid up x member 2376 owner and restorer of the first rd to come to the uk RYN51L front page of april 2013 classic bike my claim to fame