Author Topic: MCN Fantasy League Winner !  (Read 950 times)

Offline stevie747

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
MCN Fantasy League Winner !
« on: February 07, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »
Hi there,

Anyone who played this last year might have noticed the my Air Cooled mini league winning team (Marc My Words) finished overall winner: http://fantasyrace.motorcyclenews.com/team.aspx?page=view

However, no one contacted me after the comp to confirm and since then I've been chasing various MCN depts. to ask why.  They initially told me I hadn't won and there'd been 'some website errors' !

Anyway, I finally recieved this today: BTW after this shambles MCN are not running it again!!!

Hello Steve,

Firstly, I’d like to apologise once again about all this confusion. The MCN Fantasy Road race was handled by an external company and by MCN/Bauer colleagues who no longer work with us. This is all partly what has caused these problems.

I was brought into the situation as a secondary person trying to find the answers and unfortunately leading to this string of emails.

I have been digging and asking questions with the external company since we first spoke last month and I can in fact inform you that you are the winner of the MCN Fantasy Road Race 2017.

MCN will not be continuing the competition this year.

In order to claim your prize of the Shoei NXR Matt Black helmet, Andrew Stark, cc’d, will need your address and helmet size. Please supply this to him at your earliest convenience.

As an additional goodwill gesture for all this confusion, we would also like to honour our word and continue to offer you x2 tickets for the Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show next weekend and for the MCN Festival, which takes place later in the year.

I’ll await your response and can not apologise enough. I truly hope you understand this was an external error and that they can’t supply us with a reason why this all happened. However, I’m glad we received the correct answer and in turn supply you with your well-deserved prize.
  ;D ;D ;D
74 RD350 pre A, 74 RD350'R', 72 AT2, 97 Aprilia RS250, 73 Widowmaker (x2)... (and a Wes Cooley GS1000S Diesel for the missus)

Offline Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: MCN Fantasy League Winner !
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
Well done Steve, you did very well :)
“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline davecumbria

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »
Nice one mate, pleased they came though in the end!
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Offline SupeRDel

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • Club Magazine photographer, writer and editor.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »
Well done that man, I forgot all about it.

At least you are getting your deserved prize.

If I remember correctly when they started doing Fantasy League a few years back was not the first prize a Yamaha R1.

Always found with the competition is that you have to score well from race 1 or you had no chance
 --  Articles always needed