Author Topic: street legal spannies  (Read 302 times)

Offline britfrog

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
street legal spannies
« on: August 09, 2017, 04:11:10 PM »
here is the first RD350 in the uk with street legal spannies imported from J&R in America trevor bray and myself bought 2 pairs when we worked at Sondels
you may also notice Offenstadt Mag wheels (real magnesium!! not aluminium alloy)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:13:05 PM by britfrog »

Offline Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
street legal spannies
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 05:17:15 PM »
Looks a well used bike! Is that you in the photograph?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline Mark Leadbeatter

• Ozhammer
  • Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: street legal spannies
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:28:05 AM »
I'm sure the models used to advertise bikes back the day were better looking that this?? 😜
2 strokes are all I need!

'74 S3
'75 CB400-4
'78 RD250E
'78 RD400E
'79 RD400F
'79 RD400G
'81 GT250EX X7
'81 RD350LC
'86 RD350F2

Offline britfrog

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:54:23 PM »
yes it is me in the photo

the bike had one hell of a lot of development in it, however i tuned for torque not absolute top end , having said that I well remember being out in Essex with swmbo one sunday and i opened it up on the colchetester bypass as it was then, and the speedo went about half an inch below the 120 mph mark, 2 up sitting bog upright,  however the moment i rolled the throttle closed it seized, there we were fat dumn and happy in the fast lane at 100mph trying to force the cars in the slower lanes to make a gap to allow us onto the hard shoulder, which we eventually got to.
Having spent 30 minutes letting the bike cool i tried to kick it over and after a bit of cajoling it fired up--- on one cylinder so off we went london bound on the hard shoulder at about 30mph
after about 20 miles the second cylinder chimed in so i upped the speed to 50mph and all went well till we got to eastern avenue near Ted Broads, when all of a sudden bang crash it all came to a screaming halt.
how we got home is another story as i was racing the following day at brands but it involved a jesus freak and long arms and maz with blisters on her feet, more to follow!!

Online tractorman

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 07:13:32 PM »
Great stories. Things don't change though. Doesn't matter how big a Womens handbag is, there is never enough room for everything!!

Offline mervin

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • buy the ticket…take the ride
street legal spannies
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 11:11:43 AM »
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing your stories. Reminding me of Dave Freist sharing some of his adventures with us a couple of years ago

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Guy Martin: Football is 2 hours wasted watching 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind in their underwear

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
Douglas Adams

Ban grated cheese , make Britain grate again !!!!