Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: RD250DX carb refurb
« Last post by 5port on Today at 11:03:40 AM »
Good advice.  ;)
Jeffw, you can get all the gaskets, jets and needles from genuine Mikuni.  The parts that are more specific to your Yamaha RD250 VM28  carbs are the bodies, slides and floats.  Fortunately, those parts are generally OK.  Worth keeping on the lookout for a good spare set though.  Try not to pay a fortune, you should find a good pair at a cheap price at a bike jumble.  Overall, carbs need to be either: standard to fit a standard bike with complete original air filter or, if anything on the filter or inlet is non standard they will be non standard and need setting-up.   ;)
Cheers

5port 
The Piston Broke / Paintwork suppliers
« Last post by blingpeev1 on Today at 11:02:58 AM »

Does anybody know of a reliable and good paint sprayer to replace Med Edwards?

Location not a huge problem but for your info I am down by Heathrow

plenty of body shops round here but none of them want to know or throw ridiculous quotes at you

any help much appreciated
Here's a picture, a bit blurred but you can see where the markings are.  Also, just found out that they DO do a black version as well, either way the resistance should be marked on the cap if it is a resistor cap. You can evidently use both resistor plug and caps together  but generally it is not recommended for our bikes apparently from previous comments on the forum

http://www.gsparkplug.com/1x-ngk-resistor-spark-plug-cap-lb05f-red-8854.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwz_TMBRD0ARIsADfk7hSX3CFsjxkoWAjxn6Ub41pHdzAe5hhrBKLZwAjIpDUhHI5pQpUsqL4aAr9PEALw_wcB

MOT Q & A, RD Dating & DVLA advice / Re: ossa
« Last post by tony2stroke on Today at 10:46:54 AM »
try contacting the DVLA, They are very helpful there.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: RD250DX carb refurb
« Last post by mr sheene on Today at 10:35:50 AM »
I have just used Allens performance my carb parts arrived in under 24 hours brilliant phone manner very helpful will use again
Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below / Re: Best battery for RD200DX 1977
« Last post by GTB on Today at 09:15:47 AM »
I fitted a Motobatt to my Gen 1 Vmax. On my previous Max I had an Odyssey PC680 best battery ever. The Motobatt died 3 days after warranty ran out and always needed to be kept on an Optimate. The PC680 could be left for months without issue. When the Motobatt died I went back to a PC680 and would never buy any Motobatt again. Maybe I was just unlucky.
Restorations Diary / Re: Elsie 2
« Last post by tony2stroke on Today at 09:03:37 AM »
Yeah half nut and split pin.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Lower fork legs
« Last post by paulsx on Today at 09:00:36 AM »
To start with I use a fairly aggressive oxide paper and needle file to remove the worst of the damage otherwise your going to be there a very long time with just wet and dry. I start with something like 120 grit, move to 400 grit and then the wet and dry. I normally stop with the 600-800grit and then as said finish off with the brown scotchbright pads or wheels.
Torque Introduction / Re: Newbie saying hello
« Last post by Mark Leadbeatter on Today at 08:42:00 AM »
Welcome Rob and the good news is that C&D parts are generally less expensive (and that is a relative term  :o) than equivalent E&F parts.

Good luck with the project and make sure you ask any questions you need to, as there are heaps of knowledgable folks on here.

Rgds
Mark
If they are NGK ones they are lightly marked with the resistance and are a brown colour, Black ones are usually non resistor.  Resistor caps OR spark plugs should be used but NOT BOTH TOGETHER.

Can you please just clarify what you mean above, as it has me a little worried. I currently have non resistor plugs and non resistor caps fitted, so is that an issue?

Cheers
Mark
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10