Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: 400c flasher relay
« Last post by nerradw on Today at 03:16:22 PM »
Good luck, mine had me fooled for ages, tried another flasher unit from a friend & even got another LH switch gear, without getting them to flash.
Got the bike running & they worked ok, with a really fast tick over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Colin you were spot on!
When running the indicators flashed at just above tick over and the self cancelling seems to work ok as well.
Best Regards
Nerradw
The Garage Wall / My old bikes.
« Last post by Reving Kevin on Today at 02:15:57 PM »
Couple of pictures of me, and my brothers bikes from back in the day, 80's.

My KH400 (converted 250).

Later incarnation with H1B engine.

S2 350, rattle can paint job, loud expansions!

My 350LC.

With my brothers' Stealth 350LC.

Brother on his RD500 YPVS.

The Piston Broke / Re: Well-aRD, The Club Magazine
« Last post by sib4897 on Today at 02:01:54 PM »
Once again a quality issue, well worth the wait, many thanks Del. I've just started reading it, waited as long as I could as once I start I can't stop and before I know it I've read it cover to cover. And to top it all my article has been included.

Cheers

Stephen
Torque Introduction / Re: BACK TO THE FOLD
« Last post by Ozhammer on Today at 01:27:43 PM »
Welcome Skyliner, we have all sold bikes previously that we have regretted, which is why mention of us now have a number in our collections.

Good luck with your projects and be sure to post any questions you may have for the good folk of this parish to assist.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Broken reeds
« Last post by mervin on Today at 12:07:42 PM »
I canot remember who now but a few years back a member had a Boysen reed break up and it made a right mess of their engine they reckon , but I have never heard ayone sayabout a metal reed breaking up and damaging an engine 

How I found her and most of my progress so far.

A rear brake bracket has been welded on and the bar mounts got lowered an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: STD reeds to Boysen Reeds
« Last post by 5port on Today at 10:36:58 AM »
The standard Yamaha spec for the reed stops is partly to keep the bending of the reed petal within the tolerance of the metal that avoids fatigue failure.  You might find problems with reeds that are asked to open (bend) wider or, that have been deformed.  Plastic/fibre/carbon etc reeds have some issues, like spliting/delaminating/taking a set, that can show very quickly.  However, I am confident that the genuine Yamaha YZ125 type reeds will have a good quality.  Anyone know what servicing Yamaha state for the plastic YZ125 reed petals?  Cheers

5port
Please have a look and vote on this pole    https://www.aircooledrdclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=58077.msg460434#new   Thank you all.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Broken reeds
« Last post by tony2stroke on Today at 09:40:11 AM »
Thank you Butt.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Broken reeds
« Last post by betty foRD on Today at 09:21:55 AM »
Question applies to standard steel reeds installed correctly in unmodified reed blocks.

Poll on behalf of Tony.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10