Author Topic: Plugs  (Read 182 times)

Offline stigg

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
Plugs
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:38:55 PM »
Hi, my 350 has B9HS plugs in it and as the standard ones should be B8HS i was just wondering what other's were using in theirs?
Come he slow or come he fast is it but death that comes at last!!

Offline Panuno

• Hadleigh, Suffolk
  • Forum member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Plugs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:23:15 PM »

B9s are fine if you like to rev it a bit:)
They are a 'colder' plug, which means they transfer more heat from the plug into head, so avoidning meltdowns when you thrash it a bit.
If you just bimble around town and don't really see the redline then B9s may oil up a little. I always used B9s in my Rds when I was younger....
Member 117
RD 350B:  K75 'Flying Brick': RD 250B in several Boxes..   Best 350 RD '013
www.admould.co.uk

Offline 5port

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 09:43:41 PM »
Hi, my 350 has B9HS plugs in it and as the standard ones should be B8HS i was just wondering what other's were using in theirs?

Agree with Panuno.  :)
Very generally, you use the colder plug that works well without fouling. As you know, the NGK 9 is a colder running plug than the NGK 8.  Modern hi-spec plugs can have wider heat range and  run better with less tendency to foul.  The fine electrodes can also fire better than the old blunt ones.  I run the 9 NGK Iridium now however, if you have to get the Resistor plugs, you should make sure you have non-resistor caps, or the system resistance is higher.  Cheers   

5port
5port

Offline stigg

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:10:43 PM »
Cheers, think I will get some 8's and see what suits as I don't think I will be thrashing it very often!!
Come he slow or come he fast is it but death that comes at last!!