Author Topic: How to fill out Form V55/5  (Read 32359 times)

Offline GerryT

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
Re: How to fill out Form V55/5
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
sorry to hassle everyone out there with yet another V55/5 question.
section 44 states power to weight ratio required Kw/Kg. I have a 1981 rd125dx
do I fill this section in and more importantly what is the Kw/kg power/weight ratio ?

Thanks Gerry T

Offline Paul Dawkins

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »
Just leave that section blank.
Southampton

Offline PB1

• Forum member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
Just about to go through dating and V55/5....  A quick question, if I may, about not now needing to have insurance in place before sending off the V55/5, as Shaun mentions above.  This is handy, as Shaun says, but how does the issuing of the road tax the same time now work?

Currently you can't tax your bike without valid insurance, so when you pay the registration fee and the fee for the road tax with your V55/5, how does the road tax become valid without the insurance being in place first?

Offline shaunthe2nd

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
  • New member - be gentle!
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2018, 10:05:46 PM »
It seems to go against the grain but you can get tax your bike without insuring it when going through the registration process.
Someone told me that the V55/5 form has been updated recently and as I haven't registered another bike since end of 2016 I can't say exactly what the changes are in this lastest form, perhaps someone can advise?
RD350LC - RD250LC - RD200DX

Offline PB1

• Forum member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: UPDATE - How to fill out Form V55/5
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2018, 11:49:21 AM »
MOT tomorrow and V55/5 being sent off shortly afterwards. Fingers crossed!

Shaun - there are 2 changes that I can see:

In the latest guidance notes (V355/5) which have a date code of 1/17 in the bottom right corner, on the second page it now says:

"Confirming your name and address

Send a photocopy of your photocard driving licence with your application form to prove your identity (the only exceptions are applications made with an 'Application to register a vehicle under its original registration number (V765)).

If you can't do this, you must send in photocopies of one document that proves your name and another document that proves your address."

It then goes on to give you the usual list of documents that are acceptable.  This is good news, as a 50p colour photocopy is much less of a worry than posting the licence itself.

Also, on the latest V55/5 form itself, which has a date code of 12/16 in the top right hand corner, there appears to be an additional question box added between 45 and 46 on the older form.  46 is now "Date of registration in UK" and all the other boxes are now the next number along from what they were in your description above, so "Partial Postcode of Purchaser" is now box 48, for example.

it doesn't change Paul's and your advice on filling out the form, it just means that people have to be careful to remember that each box's answer (after 45) is one ahead on the new form.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:58:09 AM by PB1 »