Author Topic: Winter is coming.....  (Read 279 times)

Offline Colin987

• Forum member
  • Port Hacker
  • Location: Germany. Originally Cirencester; but who knows what the future might bring!
Winter is coming.....
« on: November 04, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
..... apparently!

Gorgeous day, today, so just had to get my RD out (albeit with me long-johns on...)

I live in the "Sauerland", which is well-known for Christmas trees...

Bike running well, although left exhaust very smoky when cold (think the piston rings might be gumming-up (had that in the past)), and forks somewhat stiff.   Bit of TLC due, when the weather turns bad.

Colin
RD250A

Offline cooleronthecoast

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Re: Winter is coming.....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 10:16:27 AM »
Nice photos.  :)  I'm a big fan of long Johns for bike riding too.   I never thought I'd ever be seen dead in them but as an alternative to riding in leather jeans I tend to opt for my Draggin jeans with the long Johns underneath if the weather is cool. 
I've always had at least one road bike around the place since my first RD200B in 1975.  Currently two bikes reside in my garage, an Aprilia Caponord 1200 and a slightly older RD200DX! ;-)

Offline SupeRDel

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • Club Magazine photographer, writer and editor.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »
Keep mine on road all year but will avoid riding in wet. Normally get a nice sunny cold dry day over the xmas period for a ride
 --  Articles always needed

Offline tractorman

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:42:19 PM »
We are very lucky and have a choice of nine bikes, all on the road. Mary is learning and we try and get out as much as possible. We went out today, across the New Forest. Mary rode a newly  bought Honda CB100N (1981) and I took a YB100(1991) It was a bit chilly, but we found a nice farm shop for a spot of lunch.

Offline Hazey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:51:15 PM »
We are very lucky and have a choice of nine bikes, all on the road. Mary is learning and we try and get out as much as possible. We went out today, across the New Forest. Mary rode a newly  bought Honda CB100N (1981) and I took a YB100(1991) It was a bit chilly, but we found a nice farm shop for a spot of lunch.

Well done Nick,i must get round too doing one of my 3 YB100S,look forward to riding a tiddler for a change  :)
RD 400F       
YB100 Stock,in build
YB100 Mutant.in build
Cr80
Motohispania rx50
Vino 50 Scoot

You dont stop having fun when you get old........
You get old when you stop having fun !!!