Author Topic: Check your bikes history  (Read 7563 times)

Offline Paul Dawkins

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • DVLA Dating Officer & Motorbike MOT tester
Re: Check your bikes history
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 07:26:48 AM »
If the bike are UK registered then yes but irish DVLA and UK DVLA are not connected in any way.
We do not stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.

Sunny Southampton, Hampshire

Offline Andy230262

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 08:45:07 AM »
Sounds Good I am going give it a go on a few of my bikes. Also those links you posted are really handy when you have a few bikes and cant remember when the tax is due. If fact I forget a lot these days. :-\ :'(
RD250F Restored apart from chip on the seat trim . KZ1000 on the road. Honda ss50 5 speed in need of resto. Poole Dorset

Offline Paul Dawkins

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • DVLA Dating Officer & Motorbike MOT tester
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »
I thought you had disappeared from the UK Andy, where you been ?...
We do not stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.

Sunny Southampton, Hampshire

Offline deeman

• Newcomer
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 02:41:25 AM »
 i was wondering if anyone could help me im trying to find out the age and model of a Yamaha frame,from the frame number and if anyone can help am i in  the correct section of the forum
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:44:54 AM by deeman »

Online Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 07:05:11 AM »
i was wondering if anyone could help me im trying to find out the age and model of a Yamaha frame,from the frame number and if anyone can help am i in  the correct section of the forum
I'm not sure this is postrd in the correct section, but if you post up the first five digits of your frame number someone will have a guess
“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline deeman

• Newcomer
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »

i was wondering if anyone could help me im trying to find out the age and model of a Yamaha frame,from the frame number as i dont have any doc's or a reg and i dont know if ive posted in  the correct section of the forum

the 1st 6 digits of the frame number are
1A2-301
If anyone can help ill be much appreciated cheers
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:23:07 PM by deeman »

Offline Horraceuk

• Forum member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 10:49:51 PM »
Hi am looking for a old bike i sold years ago its a RD400E i know the registration and also pics when i had it so will this form work. i know they need a reason. mine is to see what the bike is like now and maybe if its for sale.

Online Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 06:13:08 AM »
Hi am looking for a old bike i sold years ago its a RD400E i know the registration and also pics when i had it so will this form work. i know they need a reason. mine is to see what the bike is like now and maybe if its for sale.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, you will only receive the history of the bike UP TO the point you owned the bike and NOT the history AFTER your ownership

I have just checked the DVLA vehicle tax website, AMD887T was last taxed in 2004, so it is probably lurking in the back of someone's garage

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:23:29 AM by Motty »
“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline joe

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
v888 form problem
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »
Hi all I filled out the v888 form ticked option A and said I need the info for historical reasons.

but I got a letter back saying that the reason you provided for wanting the names and addresses of previous keepers of your vehicle does not meet the reasonable cause provision that allows DVLA to release this information and they returned the £5.00 postal order.

Please could someone advise whit I am doing wrong with the v888 form
thank in advance

Offline Penno

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »
Hello Joe
I have just joined the forum and completed a V888 for a Golf GTI, which I know is not bike relevant but still the process applies.
Similar to yourself the DVLA returned the form and chequers and said they will only provide historical details if the vehicle has been involved in an accident, legal reasons and not just for provenance of the vehicle.
RD400F

Online Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »
I'm not sure what is going wrong here, I received the historic details for my 350 a couple of years ago, I wonder if DVLA have tightened up their requirements :(

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Terry Pratchett