Author Topic: Excellent engine paint  (Read 653 times)

Offline Greggers

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
Excellent engine paint
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:21:33 PM »

I repainted my barrels and heads yesterday - I was going to use the Simonz Tough Black I bought recently but could only find a part used can in my shit hole of a garage.  Then I remembered that I bought a couple of tins of Baufix high temp paint from Lidl a while ago so thought it was an appropriate time to give it a go.

I have to say that it has given an excellent result, easy to apply, quick-ish to dry for 2nd coat, and an hour for touch dry. It needed an hour at 160C to fully cure the paint - see my 'Marital Harmony' post - and now I'm even more impressed. It's really durable, quite dirt resistant and once cured is hard enough for me to have to put a fair bit of effort into dressing the fin edges back to bare metal.

The only problem is knowing when it comes up on Lidl's special days - but if you don't need any VHT paint now it's worth picking some up  for when you do..

All the best

Greg

Offline stukey

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Excellent engine paint
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:44:46 AM »
I have used the lidle paint too and found it really good
Rd 350 special can we get more than 70bnp?
Silver-dust 350b now with new owner
Barnfull of shitty shit
and not forgetting the r6 streefighter
 R1Z 250

Offline cooleronthecoast

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
Well, they do say a Lidl goes a long way.    Dohhhh!  :D
I've always had at least one road bike around the place since my first RD200B in 1975.  I'm now RDless,  at least for the time being, currently residing in the garage, an Aprilia Tuono V4 and a 1979 Honda CB550

Offline Comms Guy

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
  • RD400F RD400C GSX1400 RD200DX
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 04:39:02 PM »
I love Aldi n Lidl. Got the Apps on my mobile to keep an eye out for the special offer days :D :D :D