Author Topic: 1977 RD250B  (Read 1236 times)

Offline mervin

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • buy the ticket…take the ride
Re: 1977 RD250B
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »
I bought a neew 250 B in may 76 that was P reg , I think the C had been announced or was possibly out but the price increase put me off

Yes, P was registration letter for Aug '75 to Aug '76.  Yamaha Model year was, I think, effective Jan each year.  Dealers didn't seem to be keen on registering unsold bikes, esp around Jun-Jul due to registration change 1 Aug.  However, there were certainly some registered bikes that sold years late!  Not sure if dealers got deals for numbers of registered bikes in certain months in the '70's?

5port

Well Les smale our dealer used to pull out a list of reg numbers and say is there anything of interest to you there , or do you just want the next number on the list , that 250B i had on the 28thof may 2 days before my 17th birthday , but it was not registered until the 6th of june
Guy Martin: Football is 2 hours wasted watching 22 millionaires chasing a bag of wind in their underwear

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
Douglas Adams

Ban grated cheese , make Britain grate again !!!!

Offline SupeRDel

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • Club Magazine photographer, writer and editor.
Re: 1977 RD250B
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 07:14:12 AM »
My dealer did the same. He had a book with a list of reg numbers he had allocated to him.

You could chose one. You could ride the bike out of the dealer new on a Saturday.

It would never officially be registered to a bike on the road till somewhen the week after with the DVLA
 --  Articles always needed