Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I'll start looking in the carbs to make sure everything is hooked up properly. I was also thinking the same that I should do a leak down test because I did split the case. Thanks for the feed back.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: 1975 RD350 Timing issues ?
« Last post by iranana on Today at 01:14:45 AM »
Well, if you're getting spark at roughly the correct point BTDC (and it should still probably run even with the timing out by like 1mm), I would look elsewhere for the problem. Could be in the carbs, have you checked that you have a nice steady flow of fuel to the carbs, and that they're balanced and the throttle cable isn't binding on anything? Have you got the crossover tube hooked up for the choke? No leaks anywhere, i.e. have/can you leakdown test?
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Kolben piston kit
« Last post by iranana on Today at 12:48:23 AM »
I don't know anything about DS7 carbs, but I do know that while RD carbs are VM28s, they all have differently sized air jets. This makes running the stock jetting on non-stock carbs particularly troublesome, as I found out when trying to jet my Oceania RD250E carbs to UK 2R8 specs. So I wouldn't necessarily trust the stock jetting on non-stock carbs, it could be too lean or too rich, depending on that air jet.
Yes! It would start first kick before the engine work.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Kolben piston kit
« Last post by Oddoneout on Today at 12:30:08 AM »
Hi 5port, does this mean the venturi is 28mm rather than 26mm? I haven't measured the diameter yet but will tomorrow.
At the moment the jetting is as the manual says for the VM26 carbs ie 100 main jet, 30 pilot jet, 2.0 cut away and the needle although not the 5DP7 specified (can't just remember the numbers stamped on them) i have checked the profile agianst the spec in the Mikuni manual and they match correctly.
On checking the plugs after my attempt to ride it yesterday they look on the lean side (grey electrode and insulator)
Regards Mark.
« Last post by ozmadman on October 23, 2018, 11:43:30 PM »
Did it run before the engine work? no compression?
The Piston Broke / Re: who's the cheapest classic insurance company ?
« Last post by ozmadman on October 23, 2018, 11:38:20 PM »
Cheers all p James it is then :I've no ncd they've all never let me accrue it ,are these the same ?
Classic policies do not accrue NCB, they are cheap enough as it is so I wouldn't worry
« Last post by aaronhodges on October 23, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »
Changed the ht plugs around and still nothing. Anyone else got any ideas ? Thanks
The Piston Broke / Re: who's the cheapest classic insurance company ?
« Last post by kawazonkey on October 23, 2018, 10:16:35 PM »
No one mentioned Adrian Flux. Been with them 20+ years now. My Suzuki LJ is £95 a year fully comp with all mods declared and agreed value of £10k.
« Last post by betty foRD on October 23, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »
As above, have you got the HT leads the wrong way round?

What’s easy to muddle are the grey and orange wires to the coils, having the HT leads them selves cross is physically unintuitive but swapping them is faster than taking off the tank to check the LV coil connections .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10