Author Topic: Hi From Cornwall  (Read 456 times)

Offline csx355

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
Hi From Cornwall
« on: May 06, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »
Hi all - having recently acquired a local 2 previous owner RD250C (I think). I thought that I would register here for help and advice in keeping it running sweet. The bike seems to be reasonably untouched other than a home made rear mudguard. The front one is pretty poorly and the tank has had some Petseal attention along the seam. She has 12months MOT and is a 'spirited' ride! I like it. I'm not intending to do a full restoration on her but will probably replace the mudguards and try and get the tank repaired followed by a re-spray.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:35:51 AM by csx355 »

Offline mervin

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • buy the ticket…take the ride
Re: Hi From Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:40:56 AM »
 thats a tidy bike you have got there mate , looks to be all there just about as you say mudguards are not original , where are ya in Cornwall ? i am just over the border in Devon between Bude and Bideford 
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity"

Offline csx355

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 06:45:55 PM »
Hi Mervin - I'm way down West between Hayle and St Ives. I'm pretty pleased with it and am reluctant to do too much. I was going to get a pair of new pattern mudguards but would prefer to get some genuine old guards that aren't rotten. same with the tank.

Offline twostrokelooney

• Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »
Hi mate and welcome to the forum,

Good to see that you have stepped over from the dark side,  I recognised your forum name from the Z1OC club/forum of which I am also a member (redzee). Aircooled Yam two strokes and big aircooled Zeds too? You can't go wrong with that choice of bikes and this club is the best ever for tech help, advise and general friendliness, just remember, lots of photos please......... ;)
Never Mind The Four Stroke.
Club Member 170.
RD350 (1973)
RD250E
TZR250 2MA YPVS
Z1000J3

Offline mervin

• Moderators
  • Port Hacker
  • buy the ticket…take the ride
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 09:03:19 PM »
Hi Mervin - I'm way down West between Hayle and St Ives. I'm pretty pleased with it and am reluctant to do too much. I was going to get a pair of new pattern mudguards but would prefer to get some genuine old guards that aren't rotten. same with the tank.

I was down at TC james place a couple of weeks ago delivering lime ,

the front muddies are still availalbe from Yamaha at a price but there is a very good replica around now , as for the rears well originals are rarer than rocking horse poo now, but again there are good replicas aroud
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity"

Offline Ozhammer

• Ozhammer
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:23:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum and love the bike, as I had one like that as a replacement for the 250E that some scumbags stole when it was 5 months old! Take a look at EBay seller my-moto-parts for replica mudguards, as there has been some positive comments about them on here.

HTH
2 strokes are all I need!

'74 S3
'75 CB400-4
'78 RD250E
'78 RD400E
'79 RD400F
'79 RD400G
'81 GT250EX X7
'81 RD350LC
‘83 KE175D3
'86 RD350F2

Offline csx355

• Club Member
  • Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 08:43:40 AM »
Hi mate and welcome to the forum,

Good to see that you have stepped over from the dark side,  I recognised your forum name from the Z1OC club/forum of which I am also a member (redzee). Aircooled Yam two strokes and big aircooled Zeds too? You can't go wrong with that choice of bikes and this club is the best ever for tech help, advise and general friendliness, just remember, lots of photos please......... ;)

Still have the Z1000 - she is a lump and the little Yam is so lightweight and easy to bump around the garage it's a breath of fresh air.

I was down at TC james place a couple of weeks ago delivering lime ,

the front muddies are still availalbe from Yamaha at a price but there is a very good replica around now , as for the rears well originals are rarer than rocking horse poo now, but again there are good replicas aroud
[/quote]

Cheers Mervin really not too far from there.

Welcome to the forum and love the bike, as I had one like that as a replacement for the 250E that some scumbags stole when it was 5 months old! Take a look at EBay seller my-moto-parts for replica mudguards, as there has been some positive comments about them on here.

HTH

I'll do that thank you.