Author Topic: Oh God What have I done????  (Read 483 times)

Offline Narked

• Newcomer
Oh God What have I done????
« on: February 17, 2018, 02:21:06 PM »
I have just joined your merry band as I have just bought an air cooled Yamaha..
Back in the day and learning to ride in South Wales, I bought a red RD200DX 1976 (TTX 2S)
Anyway, passed my test, bought bigger and faster machines, but now older and wider (sorry should read Wiser)I decided to buy and restore my first bike.
So I found the right model, looks complete and sounds nice when running but its a bit rough, and I have just finished a Suzuki SP370 so all is good, looking a bit rougher now I look closely.
I now find myself searching eBay for the elusive bit, talking to powder coating firms and blasting companies, chrome platters and the such like.
Anyway, that's me, resigned to spend hours in the garage getting this bike back to where it should be.
So if anyone has a stash or bits, or can offer any pointer for good sources for NOC I would be grateful

Offline Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: Oh God What have I done????
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 04:59:25 PM »
Welcome to the Forum :)
I'm sure you already know this, but do NOT throw anything away, some of the 200 parts are extremely unobtainable :(
If you want some inspiration, have a look through the Restoration Section as there are some good 200 builds in there
“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline Aardvark

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »
Welcome to the club.

I have had plenty of help and advice from the forum.

All the best with the bike.

Aardvark

Offline Ozhammer

• Ozhammer
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 01:09:50 AM »
Welcome Narked, your bike looks like a great basis for a project and the folks on here will no doubt be able to answer many of the questions you may have.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress. Just remember one thing when the going gets tough, as it almost invariably does, it will be worth it in the end!
2 strokes are all I need!

'74 S3
'75 CB400-4
'78 RD250E
'78 RD400E
'79 RD400F
'79 RD400G
'81 GT250EX X7
'81 RD350LC
‘83 KE175D3
'86 RD350F2