Author Topic: newbie from east of scotland  (Read 424 times)

Offline Alvin Sparklug

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
newbie from east of scotland
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:14:13 PM »
hi all, i am Alex from Glamis,east of Scotland. been looking in for a while and have had numerous 2-strokes mainly RD,s. any way love tinkering in the garage and have just finished sorting out my VFR800,these are my other love.
i am just about to start tweaking my RD250C, cant wait now that the bike lift is clear again.
RD400. USA "D"

"And the Rodneys are queueing up ,god forbid."

Offline Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
Re: newbie from east of scotland
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Alvin
You have a nice looking silver 250, it is unusual to see a 250C with spoke wheels and a rear disc

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett

Offline Alvin Sparklug

• Club Member
  • Back Lane Scratcher
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:27 PM »
cheers Motty, yes i thought so as well, its a german bike and i am going to be looking at getting mags for it but it seems that i can only use C/D wheels, i dont know the differences between them yet as need to get the manuals etc.but will be going ahead with that and refurbing wheels [both mag and wire] once knowledge is gained,  :(   new seat cover ordered,and also my freind is an upholsterer so thats in the bag. ;)  the decals are wrong as well ithink so its getting sorted as well...

the swing arm is also chromed?????  hmmmm not for me...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:25:37 PM by Alvin Sparklug »
RD400. USA "D"

"And the Rodneys are queueing up ,god forbid."

Offline Ozhammer

• Ozhammer
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
Welcome Alex and nice looking RD mate, I had a 250C after some scumbag stole my almost new 250E :-[ and it served me well until I moved on to a 400E (EGO 644T where are you now I wonder?).

Good luck getting it fully sorted and hope you enjoy riding it when it is finished.
2 strokes are all I need!

'74 S3
'75 CB400-4
'78 RD250E
'78 RD400E
'79 RD400F
'79 RD400G
'81 GT250EX X7
'81 RD350LC
‘83 KE175D3
'86 RD350F2

Offline Motty

• Richard
  • Club Member
  • Port Hacker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:22:43 AM »
cheers Motty, yes i thought so as well, its a german bike and i am going to be looking at getting mags for it but it seems that i can only use C/D wheels, i dont know the differences between them yet as need to get the manuals etc

There are some Part Lists and Manuals available to download from the main part of this site, there should be links to it somewhere on the Forum
There has occasionally been a healthy debate on the merits between mags and spoked wheels with the majority nowadays favouring the spokes

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f*@k happened.”
Terry Pratchett