Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I’m sure all  ‘competion’ grade brands will be up to the job but a simple hack is to connect a much longer piece of tube and go over the frame. At worst it’s the same as blanking off but at best can function with some siphon effect.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Yamaha RD250G
« Last post by 5port on Today at 09:32:09 AM »
Hi Pom,
If it sounds really sweet, and rides up and down the gears without issues, I would be inclined to limit the work.  You can easily strip the top end for decoke and painting.  The pistons /bores/rods and rod sideplay are easily checked. The downpipes/silencers and baffles are best decoked with caustic soda bath (use safety precautions and keep it away from alloy!).  Use a good 10/30 synthetic gbox oil with MA2 rating (MA2 is compatible with wet clutch) and your choice of quality 2T!  Cheers!  :)

5port     
The Piston Broke / Re: NEW PARTS RE-MANUFACTURE
« Last post by RD17 on Today at 08:39:24 AM »
It certainly is an interesting topic, and one that as Stukey says does often command a lot of investment, however in some circumstances this does not have to be the case. It all depends on the type of part and the production method.

This is what I do for a job, design things to be made, oversee the transfer to manufacture and production.

I would be more than happy to work with the club to bring back some 'replica' obsolete parts, however it is more of a question of what do people actually want and is there a suitable demand?

Things such as exhausts, mudguards and tanks will always require a large amount of investment.

Just as a side note: Although some of the Yambits parts are not the highest of quality, they are keeping a lot of people happy and a lot more machines up and running.

Cheers,
RD17
As above I have struggled to find a decent one, all the previous ones have leaked at some point
However the last one I brought was a very expensive (£50ish!) metal one which (fingers crossed) seems okay. I have now brought and fitted three of these
If you want their contact details, I will try and find their phone number

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

They are all rubbish, tried a couple myself. Next time I have one sprayed I will have the balance tube cut off and welded.
« Last post by Ozhammer on Today at 04:17:43 AM »
Any decisions regarding the engine should be dictated by its history John. If this is unknown or it has been stood for a long time, not going through it would be an unknown risk but conversely, taking it apart unnecessarily could be an unwarranted cost, so you would need to weigh that all up.

I should be able to e-mail you a scanned copy of my G model parts list if you PM me your address.

Rgds
Mark
« Last post by ozmadman on Today at 12:01:19 AM »
Gents, whats the best or nearest manual to down load from the club, Yamaha RD250/400E? all so this motor sounds so sweet, 30,000ks (around 18,000 miles) no bottom end rattles or funny noises, what do ya reckon just re bore the top end & leave the crank alone, how many ks/miles before you need to replace new bearings in the crank?
When I had my crank done with genuine bearings rods etc by a company called Firefox Racing I asked the same question, they said about  20,000miles if I am nice to it or you can cut that in half if you wring it's neck...
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: RD350 A 1974 air filters again
« Last post by ozmadman on December 16, 2018, 11:57:07 PM »
Available from norbo ;) ;)
What the baffled ones, which are standard on the US bikes??
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Quick release fuel line coupler
« Last post by ozmadman on December 16, 2018, 11:55:28 PM »
Got mine from Norbo and its fine ( probably the same ones anyway).  Try disconnecting it and re-connecting it a few times and make sure it is fully clipped together.  Mine weeped once when I disconnected it and clipped it back together and all I can think was that there may have been a small bit of debris in there as it hasn't leaked since.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Quick release fuel line coupler
« Last post by Steve Moffat on December 16, 2018, 10:48:03 PM »
Hi,Fitted the Yambits fuel line coupler yesterday and it"s started to weep  already is there any decent ones out there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10