Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
As far as i know all the information is available in the tech section but not sure wether you have to be a member to access :-\
Does anyone have the Yamaha Technical Bulletin with the crankshaft specifications for rebuilding? I have the sheet for 74 but I am not sure if it changed for 75.

* Crank_specs.pdf (89.78 kB - downloaded 1 times.)
Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below / Re: RD125 Wrong front end
« Last post by terencedactyl on Today at 09:40:17 PM »

I bought a workshop manual on fiche ages ago from fleabay. Luckily it was cheap, as I could read it fiche readers, but the fiche scanner at work can't read it. Then I found it on the forum, and printed that instead. Don't tell Yamaha :-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No dont remember seeing one in the tech section but again there's not the 1E8 either from memory,  I have one so looked up the
parts and compared to the 1E7 list on tech section. I might even have it on microfiche  :-\
On the plus side with ball bearings they are dirt cheap.

Not that I'm a skinflint... :D
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: 400c 65mm pistons
« Last post by iranana on Today at 09:13:26 PM »
You love these piston debates Criss  :) :)we all have our own particular views but regardless of which piston you choose for your bike today. With most owners only managing about 500miles a year whatever you choose to use will outlast most owners :o :) :)

Pansies, I'm averaging 8,000 km :D IMO go for ART where possible, then at +1.0mm you only have the aftermarket options anyway.
just a thought i replaced my steering bearings with the taper type with no problems at all infact a straight fit.  i did notice that the two bearings have i digit number difference indicating they are different (sorry i dont have the numbers) i asked at the shop and was told which bearing was top and which was bottom visually they didnt look any difference  :-\ :-\ :-\
Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below / Re: RD125 Wrong front end
« Last post by terencedactyl on Today at 09:05:51 PM »
Hi Mark,
If you want to be spot on you will find that the headlamp mounting is also different on the C model, it is the one piece frame type fitting and not the 2 brackets as on the later bikes.
There are many small differences between the 125 and the 200 models, and I’m not sure how interchangeable the fork parts are, but the parts lists on the Forum should help.
Regards,
Chris

Hi the 1E7 and 1E8 have a lot of common parts not the 2R7.
Cheers Chris,

I have the 1E7 parts book so at least know what I should have...I know the fork stanchions are different as I had to be careful when buying the ones I stored - which, ironically, it seems are probably the wrong ones :-)

Regards
Mark

It was the only parts book I saw that looked like it had the (later) forks fitted to my 1E7, so was checking to see if wheel hub and spacers were the same. As my wife will tell you i'm rubbish at finding things - but couldn't see a parts book for a later 125.

Regards
Mark
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: RD400F Engine Rebuild
« Last post by 5port on Today at 09:04:26 PM »
waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to give it a road test.

That will be about bloody June then!  >:(   Seriously, good to hear, show the pici's!   ;)

5port
Events and Regular Club Meets / Re: Donnington Classic Festival 2018
« Last post by rsvr1000 on Today at 08:46:57 PM »
If I've got one of my 200's fully built I could bring one of those. :-\

Pull your finger out then Phil else one of the X7 may be on show  :D :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10