Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Electrical problem
« Last post by gary on Today at 02:34:48 AM »
Ah yes forgot to give the specific on my bike,it's the RD400D 1977.

I have the battery on the charger right now so I will see tomorrow if this makes a difference.
Also, during my different test, I put a piece of paper under the points and put the key on, all is good so far, my lights are all led's so when I turn the lights on I get less then .5v drop, then I remove the pieces of paper and the lights dims and are barely visible, after a few minutes the lights get back to normal, then If I turn the key off and back on I have the same dim light situation, it's almost like there is a part that is intermittent! If that makes any sense.
On my YR5 I run a TDR tacho and coil, powerdynamo and Zeeltronic DC CDI. Wire the orange wire from the tacho into the coil feed. The TDR tacho seems to compensate for wasted spark internally, whereas other tachos I tried read double. I’ve not found a tacho that will work with output from the Zeeltronic.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Electrical problem
« Last post by Numbskull on October 21, 2018, 11:26:18 PM »
My first thought is a weak battery.
 Rob
Out And About / Re: Ride out to the Mach Loop
« Last post by ggreen1959 on October 21, 2018, 10:56:59 PM »
Thought the RD for the last big ride out of the year.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Electrical problem
« Last post by gary on October 21, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am having issues with my electrical system, when I turn the key on my voltage drops to 4-5 volts, after going over all my connections I have ruled out a bad contact, went thru all my connections from the bucket light, ignition key and kill switch all the way to the points.
Right now I have narrowed it down to the point system, when I disconnect the plug from the point system, that's the one near the regulator, it has 2 green, 1 gray and 1 orange, the voltage goes right up to 12.5v. Also I can start with the charger on it and once it's started i can ride it with no issues.

Let me know what you guy's think.

Thanks
Other 2 strokes / Re: YB100 Restoration.
« Last post by tractorman on October 21, 2018, 10:20:05 PM »
The swinging arm bushes were fine on mine. You are right about the paint work, mine is still excellent. I am a little disappointed with the performance, especially when my wife came past me on our CB100N!! But a guess there is some tuning potential with a two stroke.
« Last post by Hazey on October 21, 2018, 10:06:08 PM »

I Have lots of bits and bobs for these yb100s as will get around too building a fs1e looky likey and a yb mutant one day  :)
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Re-torquing head and crankcase bolts
« Last post by Blackhat400 on October 21, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
I noticed that two of the 8mm nuts at the bottom were slightly damp with oil.
Any thoughts.
Nerradw
2stroke oil  or gear oil, ? leave a slice of cardboard under it over night ,
« Last post by kawazonkey on October 21, 2018, 09:50:15 PM »
I used to use Megapacks until a mate told me of a local place that just sells bolts. They are about a third of the price! ANY size, domed bolts etc. Went there recently and got stocked up!
« Last post by Reving Kevin on October 21, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
I found a proper Yam element, original had disintegrated. The tap is real stiff and the see through bowl gone yellow, I looked at the Y bits one and thought it was wrong, you confirmed that, been a lot of help. Whatever Yamaha used in that black paint they put on everything, its bloody marvellous, on the parts not exposed its like new, and on rest it isn't bad considering this has stood outside for near 20 years down the side of a house!

Have you done the swing arm bushes? took the rear wheel out and there seems a lot of play there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10