Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
A bit early to tell yet....
Not sure about this, there are thicker head gaskets 1mm for a,d,c,d models and e,/f have thinner gaskets, as I said not sure if this info is correct, I've read about it on this forum somewhere
So when I installed the heads I put a thin layer of permatex case half sealer on both sides of the gasket per instruction that came with the cometic gasket set. I researched it a bit and found several folks having done so before I proceeded.

My motorcycle mechanic friend said I was chasing more than one sound and asked me if there were rubber dampers and why I hadn't put them in the heads. I know Yamaha had them originally, so upon his suggestion I will be ordering them. 

He went around the motor with a stethoscope and told me everything sounded smooth except for the tachometer drive. It was grinding a bit harshly.  I must admit I did not remove the tachometer drive when I split the motor because I was being cheap.

I don't believe that is what is squeaking, but here is a link to a few pictures of what the engine looked like initially.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/38nay2mly/
Restorations Diary / Re: Elsie 2
« Last post by Motty on Today at 12:50:33 PM »
Switch gear looks good
Date has Defo been changed to July  :D :D
Events and Regular Club Meets / Re: CMC Two Stroke Sunday 13th May 2018
« Last post by Adeyone on Today at 10:35:57 AM »
On CMC Facebook page, Two Stroke sunday is July 15 2018!
Forum and Membership Issues / Re: GDPR and SSL security
« Last post by Admin on Today at 08:24:47 AM »
No Richard. Its Tapatalks responsibility to ensure their app complies and they are a very large organisation so I am certain they are on to this.
Restorations Diary / Re: Yamaha RD200 Resto By Mr Crip
« Last post by crip on Today at 08:20:07 AM »
Big apology Paul, I'm getting mixed up with Bikerchris who's been doing a 200 resto and now a 350 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

no worries, I sent you an email, as you not far from me.
I have an AS1 stator. I have measured the resistances of the two windings, measured the inductance of the two windings, mapped out which poles are wound with which windings, measured the two diameters of the wire used in the windings. I will place it on this site with diagrams and photos soon. I really dont want to give the stator away, but I would let people on here borrow it.
Hi Martin. I think documentation would have helped with my repair for sure. The guy who fixed it said it was 90% analysis and in the end he did make a deduction on which wire belonged with which. Joining the wires was relatively trivial.
Don
You deserve success.
Your little AS1 has certainly tested your patience.
If it was mine. I would have set fire to it by now.
But yours even denied you that pleasure.
I sincerely hope you get it sorted & get to enjoy your AS1
As I enjoy mine.
Good luck.
Sean.
Thanks Sean. It has been a trial all right but kind of fun in a weird way. You have to be in the mood to take on the next obstacle. Will be riding tomorrow on the road and hoping I have also solved the gearbox issue. Lovely little bike these are so worth the effort.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10