Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Did you fix it??
The Piston Broke / Re: Jis screwdrivers
« Last post by Alvin Sparklug on January 18, 2018, 11:53:19 PM »
 i have been using the JIS for quite a few years now, to be honest they really are worth it. i was a bit apprehensive with the older japanese bikes i now have but i just go easy. on my vfr800 i tried a philips head on my clutch reservoir, rounded them, used vessell on the other side off they came, on with stainless security screws.
« Last post by Binettasteve on January 18, 2018, 10:40:48 PM »
Plus 1 for Vessel. Hard to tell how good they are, only thing is the fit is good. Balance is nice and apparently JIS do both Japanese and conventional Philips screw heads. Wheras Philips can chew up jis.
Restorations Diary / Re: My latest-RD350A
« Last post by miciver on January 18, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »
Put a badge on the tank, seems to go on OK same on other side since.

I have managed to source a petrol cap lock with key so will then fit new rubbers to the cap then fit to tank.

Also have the petrol tap to fit new rubbers to, then fit to tank.

Just got to get a new battery (other one died in the period of inactivity), then I can do the first engine start and bleed oil through to carbs before fitting the tank.
« Last post by Mark Leadbeatter on January 18, 2018, 09:45:31 PM »
If you still have the original fasteners on your bike they work brilliantly. A lot of machines will have had Phillips screws installed over the passage of time, so Phillips screwdrivers work best on those.

I bought a set of the excellent Vessel JIS drivers and they are very good at removing 30-40 year old screws without butchering them. The larger sets include the Megadora impact drivers, which come in handy at times.

HTH
The Piston Broke / Re: A tank too far?
« Last post by kawazonkey on January 18, 2018, 09:42:25 PM »
And done. Took a lot longer than I thought, it's not 100% perfect but it is perfectly usable.
The Piston Broke / Jis screwdrivers
« Last post by splant on January 18, 2018, 09:20:24 PM »
Any body bother with these ?are they just for newer bikes or have japs  always used them ? I can't say I've ever struggled undoing anything with normal screwdrivers, and what size would be the best to buy for most screws used ,say the screws that hold the switchgear on size ? I always seem to round them off .
Aircooled RD Tech Help 200cc and Below / Re: Microns and RD200 Jetting
« Last post by Alistair64 on January 18, 2018, 08:37:19 PM »
One size up (#2) should be enough for Microns.
Not even sure you need to jet up at all, as they have such a negligible effect on performance (except losing midrange).
They do look good and make a lovely sound, however.
Aircooled RD Tech Help 250cc and Above / Re: Shock Horror!
« Last post by MikeS on January 18, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
I have what you need  :)
Sent you a message, have you got a top mount?
Restorations Diary / Re: My latest-RD350A
« Last post by miciver on January 18, 2018, 08:26:31 PM »
Yes works now, thanks Dandy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10